Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19 Thread.

Post by Merganzer »

Blazers 103. Portland hands Milwaukee its second loss of the season, taking control in the 3rd quarter. A big night for McCollum: 40 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals. The Greek Freak finished with 23 points, 6 assists, 9 rebounds, for the Bucks. Blazers 8-3. Up Next: LA Clippers, Thursday @ the Moda Center.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If we could just swap say Aminu or Harkless for Tobias Harris that would be great, mmkay.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

At 8-3, I'm generally happy with a lot of things. But one thing specifically, I like how Collins & Leonard have fared when paired together coming off the bench. Makes it hard to get points in the paint for the opponent and stretches things out allowing Turner to drive the paint on offense.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We are playing well, let's just say it.

Nice to CJ have a big game after struggling a little bit to start the season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Blazers 116 Clippers 105. A nice win for the Blazers, 9-3,following their big win over Milwaukee,, who are currently blowing out the Warriors, 105-79, after 3, in GS. The Clippers have been a pain for quite a while, and while this is a very different LAC than we've seen before, no Paul, no Griffin, no Jordan, no Crawford, it's always satisfying to beat Doc. Lillard, 25 points, McCollum, 23, Nurkic, 16. Collins had a double/double, 10 & 10, Aminu was close, 11 & 9. Next Up: Boston @ Portland, Sunday, 6:00.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Went to the game last night. The team actually played pretty poorly, but thankfully it was against the Clippers. 9-3

The Zers are about to go on a big road trip. Their record so far is probably a little juiced by having played 8 of 12 games at home.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

The Blazers played pretty well on their only road trip thus far, so hopefully that continues. The Blazers should have a decent shot at winning each of the first 4 games of the road trip (Lakers, Minnesota, Washington, New York). Hopefully they can win 3 out of those 4. The last two games on the trip are very likely losses (Bucks, Warriors). A 3-3 road trip would be fine with me. Anything less would be disappointing.

The Blazers owe the Celtics some payback for last season first though.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Boston is struggling, good time to get them. Blazers owe Washington, overall I think the loss to them is the worst of the season. Blazers & Lakers getting their games done early. The Knicks are getting good games from former AZ Wildcat, Allonzo Trier. Minnesota will want payback; Curry most likely out for the Warriors.

It will be a different T-Wolves: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-s ... 02715.html

Butler, and Justin Patton to the Sixers for C, Dario Saric, F, Robert Covington, former Blazer, Jarryd Bayless & a second Rd. pick in 2022.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:Boston is struggling, good time to get them. Blazers owe Washington, overall I think the loss to them is the worst of the season. Blazers & Lakers getting their games done early. The Knicks are getting good games from former AZ Wildcat, Allonzo Trier. Minnesota will want payback; Curry most likely out for the Warriors.

It will be a different T-Wolves: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-s ... 02715.html

Butler, and Justin Patton to the Sixers for C, Dario Saric, F, Robert Covington, former Blazer, Jarryd Bayless & a second Rd. pick in 2022.
Idk, I think I might have preferred Houston 4-#1's
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Blazers 100 Celtics 94. Blazers take control at the end of the game. Nurkic and Farouq-Aminu were huge, Nurkic with key rebounds, including one that ended with a put back, and Aminu with a dagger 3. The Blazers led by 5 after the first, by 13 at halftime, built the lead to 21, before ending the 3rd on top by 17. The Celtics came out on fire in the fourth, eventually tying the game at one point, but the Blazers never gave up the lead. Lillard 19 points and 12 assists, Nurkic, 18 points, 17 rebounds. A six game road trip starts with the Lakers at the Staples Center, Wednesday.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I was struck by how nice it is to have Nurkic in the post. 17 rebounds, 7 of them offensive, and he had some really nice put-backs of misses from Lillard and others. I'm not sure what they will do about the luxury tax problem, but as a fan, I'm glad they re-signed him. His game really complements the guard-heavy offense.

Also, I notice that Meyers Leonard is in the rotation getting back-up power forward duty over Swanigan. 8 pts 6 rebounds, not too bad. That Leonard for Carmelo Anthony trade might start to look different pretty soon.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:I was struck by how nice it is to have Nurkic in the post. 17 rebounds, 7 of them offensive, and he had some really nice put-backs of misses from Lillard and others. I'm not sure what they will do about the luxury tax problem, but as a fan, I'm glad they re-signed him. His game really complements the guard-heavy offense.

Also, I notice that Meyers Leonard is in the rotation getting back-up power forward duty over Swanigan. 8 pts 6 rebounds, not too bad. That Leonard for Carmelo Anthony trade might start to look different pretty soon.
I really didn't think they were going to withstand the 4th quarter comeback after being able to rally back on the 3rd quarter run they went on. While the bench responded that first time, I definitely found myself sending out those vibes to Terry to put Nurk back in already for an easy bucket inside and it seemed like it wasn't that much longer when he did and they needed it. His growth this year has really been that ability to not rush things inside and overwhelm his mismatches like a quality player is supposed to. Getting those buckets when you have to have them was a big difference maker.

I think Swan didn't play last night because Nurk and Zach stayed out of foul trouble and that the matchup didn't really favor him. We lost to the Wiz in part because the Nurk/Morris mismatch was exploited in favor of them and Meyers presents a better matchup for those mobile 4s on the court with Zach then with Swan because they can switch.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Lakers 126 Blazers 117. Last time the Blazers played the Lakers the Blazers were 6-35 on 3's. In this one they started out 6-9 in the first quarter. Unfortunately that didn't last, nor did they make shots very well from anywhere else, as the Blazers took the first quarter, 33-26, but the Lakers outscored them by 11 in the 2nd to lead at the half, 59-55. Not the way they wanted to start this road trip.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

LeBron just dominated the game. I think the Blazers just ran into a buzzsaw rather than necessarily playing that poorly (at least offensively). When LeBron has an ultra-aggressive mindset to show he is the best player in the NBA, and his supporting cast is stepping up and hitting shots also, there is only so much you can do. I don't think the Lakers would have lost to many teams on this particular night. Hopefully the Blazers have a better shot at a win in Minnesota.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:LeBron just dominated the game. I think the Blazers just ran into a buzzsaw rather than necessarily playing that poorly (at least offensively). When LeBron has an ultra-aggressive mindset to show he is the best player in the NBA, and his supporting cast is stepping up and hitting shots also, there is only so much you can do. I don't think the Lakers would have lost to many teams on this particular night. Hopefully the Blazers have a better shot at a win in Minnesota.
And the refs are letting him do whatever he wants...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine