NCAA Issues?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

NCAA Issues?

Post by TualatinDuck »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2018/1 ... iver_index

I wasn't aware Oregon was under investigation. Anyone have more information on what this is about?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
lmduck

Re: NCAA Issues?

Post by lmduck »

It has to do with what were some supposedly minor infractions that were reported to the NCAA. At least that is what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wonder how long until schools just say enough of the NCAA and create something else. It's a wholly ineffective organization which pays people far too much money for who they allegedly serve.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's really nothing. Heaviest penalty is on Graves, who was suspended 2 games. Both BB programs have to pay $5000 plus 1% of their budgets as fines and reduce their staff during practices for a certain period of time (5 hours for MBB and 10 for WBB.) The T&F program has to vacate some records after an adjunct professor changed an athletes grade so they could stay eligible (believe this has to do with former Duck LJ/sprinter Jasmine Todd.) All these programs all also on two years of probation. The thing with football is they posted stats of recruits on an electronic reader board on their visits (which is against the rules) but don't seem to be facing any penalty.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... d-football
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

The football recruiting violation was this:

It's from 2016 for showing a recruits info on a video monitor. Spirit of the rule is to not have a recruits face on a jumbotron, but this was something they had cleared with the NCAA, until a member school complained to the Pac-12, who then asked the NCAA for clarification, who said their previous consult was wrong.

Ridiculous.

For such minor dings as this and the basketball extra coaching time we get two years probation for the athletic department and have to fork over 1% of the basketball budget.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Clownzano wrote a good article about this, said the NCAA is chasing shoplifters while ignoring bank robbers, so true. How Oregon has gotten in trouble from the NCAA for totally innocent things but schools like North Carolina and Auburn has gotten away with their blatant violations shows how corrupt, biased, and ineffective the NCAA is.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Sounds like a profitable enterprise... For the N.C.A.A. (Notoriously.Crooked.Accountability.Assessors)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Clownzano wrote a good article about this, said the NCAA is chasing shoplifters while ignoring bank robbers, so true. How Oregon has gotten in trouble from the NCAA for totally innocent things but schools like North Carolina and Auburn has gotten away with their blatant violations shows how corrupt, biased, and ineffective the NCAA is.

What can you expect from an organization headed by a graduate and former president at the purple poodles of the north?
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Clownzano wrote a good article about this, said the NCAA is chasing shoplifters while ignoring bank robbers, so true. How Oregon has gotten in trouble from the NCAA for totally innocent things but schools like North Carolina and Auburn has gotten away with their blatant violations shows how corrupt, biased, and ineffective the NCAA is.

Cant believe I'm going to say this but he has actually had quite a few good ones on Oregon this year. Not sure if I'm getting older and more forgiving or if he is trying to get back into the good graces of the University.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Canzono is below the window with the boombox at this point.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Zyme wrote:Canzono is below the window with the boombox at this point.
Wow...that is such a perfect analogy! Well played...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Amazing how the ncaa likes to bust Oregon whenever we are recruiting well
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

karlhungis wrote:Amazing how the ncaa likes to bust Oregon whenever we are recruiting well
Most of it was self-reported.