Any news on Hamani Stevens?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Any news on Hamani Stevens?

Post by karlhungis »

Is he still planning on sticking with his commitment to the ducks when he gets back from his mission? Is he even still on his mission?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Re: Any news on Hamani Stevens?

Post by echo31 »

Aren't missions 2 years long? It hasn't even been a year yet.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

He was actually technically at Oregon, so it's not even a commitment anymore, he still has his contracted binded with UO.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Oregonian wrote:He was actually technically at Oregon, so it's not even a commitment anymore, he still has his contracted binded with UO.
I believe the NCAA allows a player returning from a mission to change schools without penalty.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

When he returns he can go to another school if he chooses. Before he left he made comments that he had no intention of going any place other than Eugene.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

He could be absolutely tremendous for us at center starting in 2011. That will be the year after Jordan Holmes graduates, so having such a mentally and physically mature player stepping in will be great.
wiseforexinvestor
Three Star Recruit

Post by wiseforexinvestor »

He just left within the last 2 months to the Philippines. He will be gone for 2 years. From everything I have heard he will be coming back to the Ducks.
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

If we don't start getting any DT's, Azz might lobby to have come back to the defense. If I remember correctly he really enjoyed playing on the defensive line this summer.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

nehalem wrote:If we don't start getting any DT's, Azz might lobby to have come back to the defense. If I remember correctly he really enjoyed playing on the defensive line this summer.
Hroniss Grasau is another D-lineman the Ducks recruited as a center. When (if) Stevens returns one of those players should be available. Assuming Grasau red shirts both would have four years eligibility.