Boise State Inc.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wheaton4prez
Senior

Boise State Inc.

Post by wheaton4prez »

http://www.idahopress.com/sections/bois ... leid=27739

So, what this amounts to is the same thing as donating money to a football program and getting a piece of paper and the right to attend a yearly pep rally and vote for probably non-functional board members.

Interesting...
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Boise State Inc.

Post by gofightingducks »

wheaton4prez wrote:http://www.idahopress.com/sections/bois ... leid=27739

So, what this amounts to is the same thing as donating money to a football program and getting a piece of paper and the right to attend a yearly pep rally and vote for probably non-functional board members.

Interesting...

It's a good idea. The perception in the fans mind is they are part owner in the program and although they really don't they feel like they have a voice. It's all about perception and that piece of paper provides a lot of people with comfort or satisfaction that they are helping to build a program moreso than just donating to a program. It is interesting how people's minds work.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Sounds like a PONZI Scheme to me...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Isn't it basically a booster club? With a certificate?
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

gofightingducks wrote:

Interesting...

It's a good idea. The perception in the fans mind is they are part owner in the program and although they really don't they feel like they have a voice. It's all about perception and that piece of paper provides a lot of people with comfort or satisfaction that they are helping to build a program moreso than just donating to a program. It is interesting how people's minds work.
That's the very reason why I don't like the idea. It appears to be something more than it is. Getting peoples money via a gimmick. I guess it's good for the program in the Machiavellian sense if it works.

I suppose the significant difference is that you could sell the shares later... I think?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

wheaton4prez wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:

Interesting...

That's the very reason why I don't like the idea. It appears to be something more than it is. Getting peoples money via a gimmick. I guess it's good for the program in the Machiavellian sense if it works.

I suppose the significant difference is that you could sell the shares later... I think?
I agree but from a marketing aspect it is a good idea to get people on board. I am glad Oregon just has great fans and Uncle Phil and don't need to come up with a gimmick like that.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I guess they had to do SOMETHING considering they dont even sell out their 30k person "stadium"...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

uodux1212 wrote:I guess they had to do SOMETHING considering they dont even sell out their 30k person "stadium"...

Ha-ha Oregon was the biggest game ever there, it was the only sell-out ever I think.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

gofightingducks wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:I guess they had to do SOMETHING considering they dont even sell out their 30k person "stadium"...

Ha-ha Oregon was the biggest game ever there, it was the only sell-out ever I think.

Bronco Stadium Capacity-33,500
Total 2009 attendance thru 4 games - 130,536
Avg 2009 attendance thru 4 games - 32,634 (97.4%)
Total attendance for Oregon game - 34,127 (all time record)

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Speaking of attendance, I wonder if Oregon ever doesn't sell out a game? We have some cupcakes coming up, will they sell out. Portland State (of course it is an in-state team and has sold out in the past) New Mexico, Montana State. I think unless they expand Autzen they will continue to sell out.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

gofightingducks wrote:Speaking of attendance, I wonder if Oregon ever doesn't sell out a game? We have some cupcakes coming up, will they sell out. Portland State (of course it is an in-state team and has sold out in the past) New Mexico, Montana State. I think unless they expand Autzen they will continue to sell out.
I think I read somewhere that there are around 42k season ticket holders, that leaves only about 12k seats to sell to reach capacity of 54k. Between single game seats, season ticket holders requesting extra tickets and the students it's not that hard to sell out Atuz.

Sometimes attendance figures can be misleading... there's a difference between tickets sold and butts in seats. Ever been to an event where the announced crowd seems WAY too high compared to the actual amount of people in the seats? The tickets might have been "sold" but no one used them... Ive also heard of teams buying up the few tickets that might be available prior to an event and donating them to charity groups, keeping sellout strings alive...

Thank goodness our awesome fan base doesn't have to worry about that! The Autzen faithful have 60+ sellouts in a row...

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

But but but with the economy, we can't expect to sell out!

Oh wait, that's the bark rats' excuse for not selling out, even their huge games. My bad!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

That, and the the butts sitting across the street in their lawn chairs watching the jumbotron...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!