Post by greenyellow »

April 26 (Fri) 2:30 PM Pac-12 Network
April 27 (Sat) 6:00 PM Pac-12 Network
April 28 (Sun) 5:00 PM Pac-12 Network
Merganzer
Senior

Re: SB: OSU @ Oregon (Fri-Sun)

Post by Merganzer »

For the first time since 2001, the Beavers run rule the Ducks, 8-0.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Dail seemed to be tired and was definitely not sharp like she was against Cal and the 1st UCLA game. The hits they get are often wasted and aren't turned into runs. The bottom of the order does little, except Galey does seem to get a lot of walks. ML is supposed to be a pitching coach. Kruger like joined the team just before the season. Maybe working through summer and fall ball she can contribute some next year. With Makenna and Ariel coming in and ML continuing to work with Cid and Cruze at pitcher, the pitching depth should improve greatly.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ducs make it closer at the end, but drop game 2, 8-6. As duck58 mentioned in last nights comment, it looks like not only is Dail tired, but her constant exposure to the batters may have caught up with her. Cid did pretty well in relief after Kruger, giving up only 1 run, Beavers now lead the all-time series, 94-93 & 1.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Merganzer wrote:Ducs make it closer at the end, but drop game 2, 8-6. As duck58 mentioned in last nights comment, it looks like not only is Dail tired, but her constant exposure to the batters may have caught up with her. Cid did pretty well in relief after Kruger, giving up only 1 run, Beavers now lead the all-time series, 94-93 & 1.
I agree. I think a lot is happening. I believe ML is trying to get some consistency on the team looking ahead to next year. That's why she is testing Cid and Cruze at pitcher. Even though we have one top recruit and another good prospect coming in, she wants to build depth at pitcher. The rest of the team is pretty much set. If McGowan is as good as they say, she's catcher and Bowden goes to 1st. If Bowden remains catcher, then Carlson will complete the infield. The girl from Vallejo, Deijah?, will complete the outfield with Cruze and Galey. Our hitting has really dropped off from the bottom of the order. Cid is really in a slump. Galey is strange. Her batting avg is bad, but she finds ways to get on base. Last night she was credited with 1 for 3, but, was on base 3 for 4. Walks, reaching on errors don't show up. It's my opinion, but I think the Ducks will be very good next year.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duck58 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Ducs make it closer at the end, but drop game 2, 8-6. As duck58 mentioned in last nights comment, it looks like not only is Dail tired, but her constant exposure to the batters may have caught up with her. Cid did pretty well in relief after Kruger, giving up only 1 run, Beavers now lead the all-time series, 94-93 & 1.
I agree. I think a lot is happening. I believe ML is trying to get some consistency on the team looking ahead to next year. That's why she is testing Cid and Cruze at pitcher. Even though we have one top recruit and another good prospect coming in, she wants to build depth at pitcher. The rest of the team is pretty much set. If McGowan is as good as they say, she's catcher and Bowden goes to 1st. If Bowden remains catcher, then Carlson will complete the infield. The girl from Vallejo, Deijah?, will complete the outfield with Cruze and Galey. Our hitting has really dropped off from the bottom of the order. Cid is really in a slump. Galey is strange. Her batting avg is bad, but she finds ways to get on base. Last night she was credited with 1 for 3, but, was on base 3 for 4. Walks, reaching on errors don't show up. It's my opinion, but I think the Ducks will be very good next year.
I agree about the Ducks being very good next year. This series its fallen apart. But they are still playing hard and the morale appears to be high, credit to Coach Lombardi, her staff and the players.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Beavers get the sweep, win game 3, 12-8.