Post by greenyellow »

May 3 (Fri) 6:00 PM Arizona Live Stream 3
May 4 (Sat) 6:00 PM Arizona Live Stream 3
May 5 (Sun) 12:00 PM Arizona Live Stream 3
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Arizona (Fri-Sun)

Post by Merganzer »

Arizona wins Friday 17-6. The Ducks started the game scoring 5 in the top of the first, Arizona answered with 5 in the bottom. The Ducks took back the lead with 1 in the 4th, but the Wildcats scored 6 in the 7th, & 8th innings. Ducks committed 6 errors.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon lost game two 8-9 off of an error in extra innings and right now in game three are down 5-23 after 6 innings. Not looking good.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

138-146 Lifetime Pac-12 Record for Horton. Time for new blood, me thinks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ducks lose 28-7 to Arizona; and what's really silly is Oregon has a better record than does Arizona, 23-22 to 22-23.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Hard to recruit kids to play half their season in the cold and snow/rain...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:Hard to recruit kids to play half their season in the cold and snow/rain...
Seems to be working just fine for Oregon State.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Oregon State is, as always, the exception to the rule in college baseball for any school not located in a warm weather state. Duck fans fall into the If OSU Can Do It, Why Can't We? trap all the time, and they shouldn't.

That said, that's not an excuse for Horton and the downward curve the program has been seeing the last 5 years. You don't have to be OSU-level good to make the postseason once in a recruiting cycle -- which we'll fail to do this year, our 4th postseason miss in a row.

Fans will point to Sunday's 28-7 football blowout, and that game should rightfully be mocked for its absurdity. But far more irritating to me is this team once again failing to hold big leads on Friday and Saturday. Oregon had 5-run leads in BOTH games, and lost.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Thurston wrote:Oregon State is, as always, the exception to the rule in college baseball for any school not located in a warm weather state. Duck fans fall into the If OSU Can Do It, Why Can't We? trap all the time, and they shouldn't.

That said, that's not an excuse for Horton and the downward curve the program has been seeing the last 5 years. You don't have to be OSU-level good to make the postseason once in a recruiting cycle -- which we'll fail to do this year, our 4th postseason miss in a row.

Fans will point to Sunday's 28-7 football blowout, and that game should rightfully be mocked for its absurdity. But far more irritating to me is this team once again failing to hold big leads on Friday and Saturday. Oregon had 5-run leads in BOTH games, and lost.
Couldn't agree more. I don't have the exact numbers, but just thinking of the # of games lost in the last 3 innings is cringe worthy. This 21 run loss is absurd, especially to a struggling team such as Arizona, but at least the Ducks lost this one early, down 15-1 after 2 innings.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Thurston wrote:Oregon State is, as always, the exception to the rule in college baseball for any school not located in a warm weather state. Duck fans fall into the If OSU Can Do It, Why Can't We? trap all the time, and they shouldn't.

Agreed regarding OSU, they are the exception and I as an Oregon fan don't expect Oregon to be that good, but I at least want a competitive team that can gather some energy and excitement from fans. I know so many local people who are huge baseball fans but never watch Oregon baseball simply because they don't like Horton and think Oregon is boring. They tried in the beginning, and lost interest after the excessive small ball style with a thousand bunts per game. It feels like for a few years now Mullens hasn't cared about the baseball team at all and fans have sensed that.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

If people called themselves baseball fans, but couldn't find it in themselves to root for a team that was winning 40+ games every year, those people probably aren't baseball fans. Aside from Year 1, Oregon baseball was really good those first 5-6 seasons.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Too bad the AD fell for it and spent millions on resurrecting the baseball program because little brother was winning national titles...Wonder how uncle Phil feels about that about now? Spends his money wisely on one coach in the state anyway...FFS
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:Ducks lose 28-7 to Arizona; and what's really silly is Oregon has a better record than does Arizona, 23-22 to 22-23.
Outscored 52-21 in the series by a struggling mildcat team. :roll:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

nogerO wrote:

Too bad the AD fell for it and spent millions on resurrecting the baseball program because little brother was winning national titles...Wonder how uncle Phil feels about that about now? Spends his money wisely on one coach in the state anyway...FFS
Considering he's close friends with Kilkenny (AD who orchestrated this), I'd say he's OK with it all.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Thurston wrote:If people called themselves baseball fans, but couldn't find it in themselves to root for a team that was winning 40+ games every year, those people probably aren't baseball fans. Aside from Year 1, Oregon baseball was really good those first 5-6 seasons.
Oregon hasn't won 40+ since 2014, though in 2015 they were close with 38 wins. Since then though the most Oregon has won in a season was 30 games. I get what you're saying, and yes for a few years there Oregon was looking really good and starting to get some traction, but even when they were good they had a very boring style of play. But since then, they've certainly lost fans and even I have to admit to losing interest the last few years. Just feels like the same story every year.