#16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

#16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Auburn vs. Oregon, Aug.31 4:30 (ESPN)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

4:30 is a good start time, and national spotlight. Don't blow it!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Very experienced team against a team breaking in a new QB, should be a great chance for us. Hopefully we can get some turnovers early and get a lead, so that our D-line doesn't wear down.

Biggest fear is Arroyo game planning against that nasty front 7 they have.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Must not be any good games during week 3. I get wanting to watch Clemson but Syracuse lost their QB, not much of a fun game to watch.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Kind of an interesting read from Auburn fans, from my quick scan there is not a lot of confidence for a win. Just to be the old guy, lol, if anyone decides to jump into their board please keep it classy, all Duck fans get the rep for one fans actions. I'm out.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/forum/2 ... all-forum/
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:Kind of an interesting read from Auburn fans, from my quick scan there is not a lot of confidence for a win. Just to be the old guy, lol, if anyone decides to jump into their board please keep it classy, all Duck fans get the rep for one fans actions. I'm out.

We actually used to have a cool Auburn fan on the board for a while and I bet we'll see a few War Eagles thrown out here as the summer wears on.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:Kind of an interesting read from Auburn fans, from my quick scan there is not a lot of confidence for a win. Just to be the old guy, lol, if anyone decides to jump into their board please keep it classy, all Duck fans get the rep for one fans actions. I'm out.

They have a lot of unknowns going into the game. I still think their defense is gonna give us problems though.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I've got to be honest... although I'm thrilled with Herbert, our recruiting, and our steadily improving defense, I won't ever be truly confident about our chances in big games until I see more effectiveness from our offensive execution. Not sure if that's on the coaching schemes or last season's lack of receiver development, but at this point, I need to see it to believe it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Who has LSU at 4!!! :o
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I checked out their threads on Oregon, and there was a really good write up from 247's Auburn guy that was pasted in there. A really excellent summary: https://247sports.com/Article/Better-Kn ... 132009003/

That is one of the most coherent and accurate articles I've read about this Oregon team, local beat writer or national.

But the Auburn posters on that board seem to have no idea on what's going on with our team. Misconceptions abound. I don't think any of them have seen an Oregon game since 2014. A few saw the Michigan State game last year. Some think we run some high powered offense. Others keep comparing us to the Washington team they saw last year. They keep talking about your defense like it's the monstrosity that Brady Hoke put out there.

My favorite is how sure they are that our tiny, weak, offensive line won't be able to handle their DL. Shhh no one tell them.

I'm excited that we will have an opportunity to rectify some of these misconceptions on a national stage.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:I've got to be honest... although I'm thrilled with Herbert, our recruiting, and our steadily improving defense, I won't ever be truly confident about our chances in big games until I see more effectiveness from our offensive execution. Not sure if that's on the coaching schemes or last season's lack of receiver development, but at this point, I need to see it to believe it.
My feelings too, but we'll see..

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Given what we have seen with our offense on the road I expect an Auburn win. Michigan State is not a SEC defense and if we can only manage a 1 point victory over them and score less than 10 points for the entire game, is no way on this planet if our offense is that bad against Auburn that we win the game.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Given what we have seen with our offense on the road I expect an Auburn win. Michigan State is not a SEC defense and if we can only manage a 1 point victory over them and score less than 10 points for the entire game, is no way on this planet if our offense is that bad against Auburn that we win the game.
Michigan St actually was/is a top 5 defense from last year. 10th in YPG, 6th in total yards allowed etc. They gave up 21 or fewer in 10 games last year.

Auburn was 38th in defense FYI. Auburn lost their starting LBs but supposedly their backups are solid.

I think it will be a lower scoring game.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

FYI I also looked at the Auburn boards, and yeah they have no idea who/what our team is. They think our O-line are all 270lbs and run a zone scheme. They think we play zone read offense and they think our defense is abysmal.

Auburn's defense last year gave up 5.15 Yards Per Play. Oregon gave up 5.25 Yards Per Play.