Texas

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Texas

Post by thomas time »

surprised nobody put about them losing 2-1 today, up 1-0 after a homer by Mary, texas makes an error then a pitcher who hadn't given up a homer in 89 innings came in and gave up a two run homer.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Texas

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:surprised nobody put about them losing 2-1 today, up 1-0 after a homer by Mary, texas makes an error then a pitcher who hadn't given up a homer in 89 innings came in and gave up a two run homer.
Maybe because nobody cares?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

nogerO wrote:
thomas time wrote:surprised nobody put about them losing 2-1 today, up 1-0 after a homer by Mary, texas makes an error then a pitcher who hadn't given up a homer in 89 innings came in and gave up a two run homer.
Maybe because nobody cares?
Well, thomas time beat me with the post. Texas gets the win over A & M in extra innings, 3-2. Elish gets the W, she does have more losses this season for Texas than she got in her two seasons at Oregon. Shannon Rhodes hit a home run to give the Longhorns the lead in the game, and a throwing error allowed the run to tie the score. Now Texas has another elimination game against Sam Houston State, who beat them in the first game of the Regional
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

I do not care what happens with that team. I do not care about any of the quitters that used to play for the Ducks either.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Well, the Longhorns are on the way to Tuscaloosa for the Super Regionals.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Game 1, Super Regional: Alabama 3 Texas 0.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Same song, different venue?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

chapelhillduck
Senior

Texas

Post by chapelhillduck »

Elish got knocked out of today's game after a ball thrown by Iokopo hit her in the face from like 20 feet away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ouch. Sounds like she'll be okay though.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alabama 8 Texas 5, Longhorns eliminated.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

Merganzer wrote:Alabama 8 Texas 5, Longhorns eliminated.
White doing what he does best. So much for him and the quitters he convinced to follow him to TX.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Bigwaved wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Alabama 8 Texas 5, Longhorns eliminated.
White doing what he does best. So much for him and the quitters he convinced to follow him to TX.
Even though it sounds like sour grapes, I have to admit that's my feelings too. Bet if he and his traitors would of stayed here they would make the College World Series...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Can't say I was rooting against Texas as I purposely ignored them this entire season but I also can't say I'm heartbroken that they're out.

I think it also shows that maybe full on Free Agency isn't the best option for college sports.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Such a haterade parade here. Who among the crowd here is turning down the kind of pay rise White took by going to Texas?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Thurston wrote:Such a haterade parade here. Who among the crowd here is turning down the kind of pay rise White took by going to Texas?
I don't think anyone is truly upset at that aspect of it. Frustrating aspects of it:

1. Open transfer market right when White leaves( a la Durant to Warriors in the 1 year with extra cap space)
2. White clearly poaching our roster
3. Mullens not ponying up