K Lowe on Jim Rome

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

K Lowe on Jim Rome

Post by Alan »

Late notice but I heard on my drive home Keanon Lowe is scheduled for an interview on the Jim Rome show today sometime in the third hour....... 11 to noon. Just an FYI and very late notice.
Alan
Senior

Re: K Lowe on Jim Rome

Post by Alan »

Okay, he is not a pro interviewee, but he is a hero! He was very close to the kid with the shotgun when the kid entered the room, he got both hands on the gun and wrestled it away from the kid. He Held the kid down while he got another teacher to take the shotgun from his ( Lowes) hands and then talked to the kid and told him stuff like he was there for him, he knows he is in trouble but he will be there for him, all while he had the kid on the floor. Held the kid on the ground until cops showed up...hero! Period! Has O of U responded? Blazers had him at their last two games, with a standing ovation!......... Ducks?

He said social media is so tough on high school kids and guns are too easy to get hands on (without blaming guns). These following words are My words not his....... whoever let him get his hands on the shotgun needs to pay, communication with kids is vital, know what they are going through at school, friends and home....... Ducks?
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

I haven't heard much beyond Lowe's part in it all. Also, heard there was a single slug. Was he going to commit suicide, attack someone, show off or something?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:Okay, he is not a pro interviewee, but he is a hero! He was very close to the kid with the shotgun when the kid entered the room, he got both hands on the gun and wrestled it away from the kid. He Held the kid down while he got another teacher to take the shotgun from his ( Lowes) hands and then talked to the kid and told him stuff like he was there for him, he knows he is in trouble but he will be there for him, all while he had the kid on the floor. Held the kid on the ground until cops showed up...hero! Period! Has O of U responded? Blazers had him at their last two games, with a standing ovation!......... Ducks?

He said social media is so tough on high school kids and guns are too easy to get hands on (without blaming guns). These following words are My words not his....... whoever let him get his hands on the shotgun needs to pay, communication with kids is vital, know what they are going through at school, friends and home....... Ducks?

Maybe they have, who knows. But why do you keep bringing it up, like UO, NOT O of U, isn't doing anything for him? He has stated his dislike for UO since Helf got fired, maybe he doesn't want any recognition from UO? I seriously doubt UO or CMC are ignoring him, possibly just respecting his wishes?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Okay, he is not a pro interviewee, but he is a hero! He was very close to the kid with the shotgun when the kid entered the room, he got both hands on the gun and wrestled it away from the kid. He Held the kid down while he got another teacher to take the shotgun from his ( Lowes) hands and then talked to the kid and told him stuff like he was there for him, he knows he is in trouble but he will be there for him, all while he had the kid on the floor. Held the kid on the ground until cops showed up...hero! Period! Has O of U responded? Blazers had him at their last two games, with a standing ovation!......... Ducks?

Maybe they have, who knows. But why do you keep bringing it up, like UO, NOT O of U, isn't doing anything for him? He has stated his dislike for UO since Helf got fired, maybe he doesn't want any recognition from UO? I seriously doubt UO or CMC are ignoring him, possibly just respecting his wishes?
maybe more specifically UO has kept their communication with him private. For some reason Alan feels there must be some sort of formal,public recognition and commentary from UO on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

maybe more specifically UO has kept their communication with him private. For some reason Alan feels there must be some sort of formal,public recognition and commentary from UO on this.

I do! They gave LaMike love for his burger joint, Blazers reached out, teammates reached out. I am simply asking if the Ducks have?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Given coach MC's quiet contact with many Duck football alumni, one might assume that is he acknowledged it in some form, especially given his own "man of action" moments of intervention.

K Lowe sounds like he might be cut from the same cloth.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

woundedknees wrote:Given coach MC's quiet contact with many Duck football alumni, one might assume that is he acknowledged it in some form, especially given his own "man of action" moments of intervention.

Keanon said the school would lose all of his support if they got rid of Helfrich, so perhaps that plays into this.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Given coach MC's quiet contact with many Duck football alumni, one might assume that is he acknowledged it in some form, especially given his own "man of action" moments of intervention.

Keanon said the school would lose all of his support if they got rid of Helfrich, so perhaps that plays into this.
he also was very unhappy that WT did not heavily recruit his brother.

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:

while I think Keanon is a great guy and clearly this recent situation is really heroic, this whole deal that the school would lose his support if they fired MH was downright silly. He (Keanon) is in a business (coaching) where getting fired is pretty common. He need look no further than his mentor , Chip.

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Reaching out to former players, whether to mend/build bridges, or simply to keep the respect up front, it's a no brainer for a coach (WT not necessarily included). Not only is it a great way to show recruits the school actually cares about them, it's a great way to find hidden gems... These guys , whether through their community contacts or through connections in the coaching vine, are a valuable resource.

CMC obviously has his fingers on the pulse of the program.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think the program didn't want to make a big deal out of it or seem like they were trying to pander for attention because of what Keanon did and instead keep the focus on him and how serious it was.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:I think the program didn't want to make a big deal out of it or seem like they were trying to pander for attention because of what Keanon did and instead keep the focus on him and how serious it was.
These type of things like alumni relations, support of the other programs, and generally being a class individual are what Mario excels at. It's why some people like me who thought the hire was absurd because he is the opposite of a brilliant offense football mind, now want him to succeed and be around forever. I just wish he would hire a proven offensive OC and step back and let him do his thing. Support his Coordinators with great talent, leadership, team and community building (things he does so well) and reap the rewards.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The thing is, I have no doubt that K. Lowe was looking to protect others. He probably wishes the attention were focused elsewhere.

Is he a hero? Heck, yes!

Even if the 'only' thing he accomplished was saving the life of one very troubled young man, it was worth it. At the least, the young gunman has a chance to receive the treatment he needs, and his classmates were spared the trauma of being witness to a suicide... At the worst?

Thanks to Keanon, we'll never know.

He deserves a moment in the light, and CMC (and his staff) found a quiet way to honor him, with respect and dignity.