Payton Pritchard - 1st Team AP All-American

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Payton Pritchard - 1st Team AP All-American

Post by StevensTechU »

Congrats to Pritchard. I didn't know this, but he is Oregon's first 1st team AP All-American. Wow.

https://apnews.com/3d92b64da54c460464da56f7ad9002e9
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Payton Pritchard - 1st Team AP All-American

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sick! He was a man against boys all year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Hard to believe he's the first one the Ducks have had. But I think that just shows how great a season he's had.
Last edited by mattc94 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The best player I saw this season was Udoka Azubuike, center for Kansas. A post player that could do everything. But, he certainly wasn't more valuable to Kansas than Payton was to Oregon.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I haven't followed MBB that closely this year. How far do you guys think our MBB team would have advanced in the big dance this year?

Any MBB teams this year get robbed of a national title shot, and wont have another chance next year, like our WBB team?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

alxtw wrote:I haven't followed MBB that closely this year. How far do you guys think our MBB team would have advanced in the big dance this year?

Any MBB teams this year get robbed of a national title shot, and wont have another chance next year, like our WBB team?
A couple of the simulations have them getting to the Sweet 16 & the Final Four. If Duarte was able to play by the NCAA's, I think those are realistic. I don't see a team in MBB. like the Oregon WBB, in seeming destined to win it all. Dayton, San Diego State both had chances that they probably won't see again.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Merganzer wrote:
alxtw wrote:I haven't followed MBB that closely this year. How far do you guys think our MBB team would have advanced in the big dance this year?

A couple of the simulations have them getting to the Sweet 16 & the Final Four. If Duarte was able to play by the NCAA's, I think those are realistic. I don't see a team in MBB. like the Oregon WBB, in seeming destined to win it all. Dayton, San Diego State both had chances that they probably won't see again.
I was watching the Cal game again last night. I buy that they could have made the Sweet Sixteen but not the Final Four. Duarte was a great second scoring option. But that front court was still a mess. All they could really do was pick up their defensive rotations. There wasn't a decent post move in the bunch. Everything was lob city. Payton really carried that team last year. His play just opened up so many avenues on even difficult scoring opportunities. Don't think there was a more valuable player in the country.