Portland Trail Blazers 2019/20 Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Portland Trail Blazers 2019/20 Thread

Post by Phalanx »

Blazers getting punked by Jrue Holiday and the Pelicans. Again. Man this is painful to watch, especially knowing we are in for five more years of this.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

$300M on two guys that can’t get an 8th seed. Injuries aside. Losses at PHX and at home to SAC, when those were needed and should have been wins. No excuses. No way they should have lost, especially big at home to Sac. 11-30 from Lillard and McCollum. Nice showing. Making a huge effort to not make the playoffs? This team has packed it in. Watching the Ducks men’s and women’s teams, it is a waste of anyone’s time to spend one second of their day to watch the Blazers. I’m done, not following another game. Wish the Blazers had the heart and grit of the Ducks teams.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

$300M on two guys that can’t get an 8th seed. Injuries aside. Losses at PHX and at home to SAC, when those were needed and should have been wins. No excuses. No way they should have lost, especially big at home to Sac. 11-30 from Lillard and McCollum. Nice showing. Making a huge effort to not make the playoffs? This team has packed it in. Watching the Ducks men’s and women’s teams, it is a waste of anyone’s time to spend one second of their day to watch the Blazers. I’m done, not following another game. Wish the Blazers had the heart and grit of the Ducks teams.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Blazers suck!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya we are pretty terrible. Really glad I didn't get season tickets again...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I've never seen a Blazers team with worse defense in my lifetime. Everyone goes off on this team.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Won't be long until Dam and CJ are gone. Let the rebuild continue! Worst managed team in the NBA.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

nogerO wrote:Worst managed team in the NBA.
Reeeeaaally?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:Won't be long until Dam and CJ are gone. Let the rebuild continue! Worst managed team in the NBA.
Then you obviously haven't been paying attention to the New York Knicks.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Go Blazers!!!!!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Blazers 140 Grizzlies 135 OT. THe Blazers tried to lose this one, but the Grizz wouldn't let them. Portland led at the half, 68-60, but were outscored, 36-25 in the 3rd quarter. A tough 4th quarter ended up tied and OT. The Blazers raced off to a nice lead, but turnovers in the final seconds, kept Memphis in it. In the race to finish with in 4 games of the Grizzlies after the 8 games, the win cut the Lead to 2 1/2.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Back and forth game, as NBA games tend to be. The blazers tightened up their lineup and it paid dividends. Hezonja, to my amazement, gave some good minutes, and was actually running the point during stretches while Anfernee never checked into the game (probably because Anfernee still looks like he has a long way to go before he's an average NBA point guard). Both teams had chances. Jusuf looked great.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Merganzer wrote:Blazers 140 Grizzlies 135 OT. THe Blazers tried to lose this one, but the Grizz wouldn't let them. Portland led at the half, 68-60, but were outscored, 36-25 in the 3rd quarter. A tough 4th quarter ended up tied and OT. The Blazers raced off to a nice lead, but turnovers in the final seconds, kept Memphis in it. In the race to finish with in 4 games of the Grizzlies after the 8 games, the win cut the Lead to 2 1/2.

The refs were pretty atrocious though and caused our bigs to get into foul trouble on extremely tick tock calls . Our defense strength is basically centered around them
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Is anybody else taking advantage of the games being on morning-to-night? I don't watch every game by any means, but having games that either have playoff implications or are simply between two high-level squads, and they're on all day sort of has an NCAA tourney feel to it. Not something I'm used to from the NBA.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I checked out the Blazers this morning, and they lose to the Clippers without Kawhi. Serves me right. This Blazers squad doesn't play defense. They rely mostly on hucking it up from three and hoping their shooting is on that day. Today they were less than 40% from three, and it wasn't enough.