Payton still gets to wear green.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Payton still gets to wear green.

Post by duck92 »

https://www.celticsblog.com/2020/11/18/ ... oregon-nba Thanks for all your hard work and l hope you have a long, successful career.
Alan
Senior

Re: Payton still gets to wear green.

Post by Alan »

Good for Payton, I felt he was better than the so called experts were giving him credit for.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With how quiet his name was around mock drafts and him saying not to believe those mock drafts, it sure seemed like he knew he had a guarantee in the 1st round. Should be a good place for him to get some early playing time.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Man, this is great news. I love following ducks in the NBA, but I have a feeling Payton is going to be my favorite.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Happy for the kid. Payton is one of my favorite Duck players ever. While I will still be Blazers first. I hope to occasionally tune into Celtics games once in a while. It's amazing how many Ducks players are in the league now. And in such a short time span.
Last edited by mattc94 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:With how quiet his name was around mock drafts and him saying not to believe those mock drafts, it sure seemed like he knew he had a guarantee in the 1st round. Should be a good place for him to get some early playing time.
There was an article up a few days ago on BE i want to say where he/someone in his camp mentioned he had gotten a verbal from a team.

Frankly I think its a great fit for him with Brad Stevens as his coach and a bunch of athletic guards/wings to play off of.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

In his interview with Canzano this week, he talked about how people shouldn't be paying attention to mock drafts since they're so wrong. With most saying he was a 2nd rounder, he must have known those were wrong because he got a guarantee from someone in the 1st.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

greenyellow wrote:In his interview with Canzano this week, he talked about how people shouldn't be paying attention to mock drafts since they're so wrong. With most saying he was a 2nd rounder, he must have known those were wrong because he got a guarantee from someone in the 1st.
Yeah, looks like he had a Celtics cap he started to put on, so he must have known.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Congrats to PP! Hope he does good thinggs

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Congrats PP! 4 year starter, came back for his senior year, Pac12 POY. Dude worked his a** off, and it paid off. Cemented his legacy as one of the Ducks all time greats. His senior season may be the best in Duck history.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Congrats PP! 4 year starter, came back for his senior year, Pac12 POY. Dude worked his a** off, and it paid off. Cemented his legacy as one of the Ducks all time greats. His senior season may be the best in Duck history.
Sabrina, Ruthy, Payton and Justin was one heck of a class of senior athletes.
BearlyBalanced
One Star Recruit

Post by BearlyBalanced »

Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Congrats PP! 4 year starter, came back for his senior year, Pac12 POY. Dude worked his a** off, and it paid off. Cemented his legacy as one of the Ducks all time greats. His senior season may be the best in Duck history.
Sabrina, Ruthy, Payton and Justin was one heck of a class of senior athletes.
I'll never forget the BBall teams of 2020 and what could have been... Payton was going to put the team on his back deep into the madness.. WBB - well we ALL know what was missed. Such a shame after a Rosebowl Win was supposed to set the tone for the year.. I hope everyone is handling life as best as can be.