Day 80 All-League Teams

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Day 80 All-League Teams

Post by Craig »

Thought I'd throw out my thoughts on who I'd pick for All-League 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Team to this point in the season.

All League 1st Team
C-Hakeem Olajuwon (CLE)-23.2ppg, 11.1rpg, 4.0apg, 1.4spg, 4.2bpg, 3.4topg, .441 FG%, .908 FT%, .353 3P%
Hakeem is one of the best all-around players in the league and is proving it again this season. He’s playing Defensive Player of the Year-level defense and is also top 10 in the league in scoring. You’d like him to be a bit more efficient shooting the ball, but he’s a great hub for the Cavs’ offense as a playmaker and also gets to the line 8 times per game, where he’s shooting 91%! As a two-way threat, there aren’t many better options in the league at the Center position.
PF-Charles Smith (MIN)-22.6ppg, 11.1rpg, 2.6apg, 1.3spg, 2.2bpg, 2.4topg, .448 FG%, .784 FT%, .000 3P%
Smith has really come onto the scene in the last season and a half, earning All-League 1st Team honors last season and being right in contention again this season. He has shown that he can credibly play two, even three different positions at a high level and has become a very dangerous two-way threat. Smith will be looking for a big payday this off-season and it’s safe to say he has earned it.
SF-Oscar Schmidt (BOS)-25.9ppg, 8.6rpg, 1.8apg, 2.1spg, 0.1bpg, 0.9topg, .492 FG%, .827 FT%, .430 3P%
Schmidt brings by far the most efficient offensive production in the league while providing great defense and rebounding from the wing position. The guy scores 26ppg on 50/40/80 shooting and ONE turnover per game! He will not pass, if you’re looking for a flaw, but when he scores this efficiently, why would you want him to? The guy (besides his crazy salary) allows you to build any type of team you want around him because he provides everything you need out of a #1 option. While I don’t think he’ll actually win it, Schmidt would be my pick for MVP at this point in the season.
SG-Michael Jordan (POR)-33.4ppg, 5.6rpg, 3.2apg, 2.2spg, 0.2bpg, 2.9topg, .484 FG%, .917 FT%, .404 3P%
Michael is just a scoring machine trying to drag the Blazers’ uninspiring supporting cast into the playoffs, and he may very well succeed. He is by far the leading scorer in the league and is very efficient in doing so. There’s really nothing not to like in his production this season, having as good a year as ever. He has pretty firmly planted himself at the top of the deepest position in the league.
PG-Lafayette Lever (DAL)-19.8ppg, 5.8rpg, 10.2apg, 2.4spg, 0.1bpg, 3.0topg, .464 FG%, .911 FT%, .432 3P%
Fat Lever just keeps getting better with age. Fresh off an All-League 1st Team award last season, he’s having an even better season this year at age 31. He fills up the box score like nobody in the league save for Magic Johnson, and he’s doing it on really solid shooting percentages as well. He does this while being a plus defender as well. It may be fair to say some of his production is due to not having much help on the roster, but the all-around floor game and scalable production gives him the top Point Guard spot this season as of now.

All League 2nd Team
C-David Robinson (IND)-21.6ppg, 11.1rpg, 2.7apg, 1.4spg, 4.2bpg, 2.9topg, .431 FG%, .777 FT%, .000 3P%
The Admiral is coming off of an MVP season last year, and though he hasn’t quite played up to that level this year, he’s still a monster for opponents to deal with. He’s still an amazing rim protector and tough to deal with as a scorer on the block, but he’s having a bit harder time shooting the ball straight this season. Just picking nits there, though, as he remains one of the best players in the league and is definitely in contention for a 1st Team spot.
PF-Danny Manning (GS)-25.4ppg, 10.6rpg, 3.5apg, 1.0spg, 1.5bpg, 3.1topg, .465 FG%, .769 FT%, .287 3P%
After a championship and Finals MVP that nobody saw coming in in 1989, followed by a disappointing title defense season for the Warriors in 1990, Danny Manning has his Warriors near the top of the Western Conference standings, getting a huge assist from newcomers Zan Tabak and Kevin Johnson. Manning is a versatile scorer, tied for 3rd in the league in that category, and has a good all-around floor game with rebounding, playmaking, and defense from the Power Forward position. He’s been the driving force behind the Warriors since he arrived, and now that he has some help again, they’re back in contention.
SF-Drazen Petrovic (NJ)-22.0ppg, 8.1rpg, 3.6apg, 2.2spg, 0.7bpg, 3.1topg, .483 FG%, .843 FT%, .450 3P%
Drazen has been perhaps the most impressive of the Nets’ three-headed monster on the perimeter this year with his shooting prowess and defensive abilities. He turns the ball over a bit more than you’d like, but he’s actually at one of the lowest rates of his career, to go along with a career high in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, and 3P% thus far. For me he’s pretty clearly the #2 Small Forward this season behind the legendary Oscar.
SG-Magic Johnson (VAN)-16.6ppg, 5.9rpg, 11.0apg, 2.9spg, 0.1bpg, 3.2topg, .474 FG%, .782 FT%, .324 3P%
Magic is a tough guy to place, being that he is listed at Shooting Guard but plays the Point Guard position. He’d be giving Lever a run for his money for a 1st Team spot at Point Guard, but at the 2 he is a bit behind the amazing Michael Jordan this season. Magic fills up the box score…scoring, dishing, rebounding, and defending. He’s one of the biggest guards in the league and uses it to his advantage as one of the league’s top performers. This season he is leading the league in assists and doesn’t show much sign of slowing down.
PG-Kevin Johnson (GS)-18.2ppg, 5.0rpg, 9.4apg, 3.0spg, 0.2bpg, 3.8topg, .478 FG%, .786 FT%, .458 3P%
KJ decided in the off-season that he needed a change of scenery, signing with the closer-to-home Warriors and he’s been the biggest factor in the Warriors’ turnaround. He’s scoring 18ppg on efficient shooting, leading the league in steals, and diming teammates up with the best of them. He still has a pretty major turnover problem, which could end up coming back to bite him in the playoffs, but otherwise he’s doing everything you could ask for from a floor general.

All League 3rd Team
C-Ralph Sampson (VAN)-21.1ppg, 11.7rpg, 2.6apg, 1.4spg, 2.9bpg, 2.7topg, .434 FG%, .758 FT%, .000 3P%
Big Ralph Sampson is definitely having a bit of a down year by his standards, but he’s still one of the best two-way big men in the league. He’s the best player on one of the best teams in the league, coming off a Finals MVP, and will ensure that the Grizz are a tough out in the playoffs. His scoring efficiency has taken an important dip, but he’s still good for 20/11 and almost 3bpg, which most other Centers would be ecstatic with.
PF-Sam Perkins (SAC)-20.6ppg, 11.4rpg, 4.2apg, 1.3spg, 1.7bpg, 2.6topg, .412 FG%, .718 FT%, .355 3P%
This spot was a tough decision for me. I gave very serious consideration to Kevin Duckworth, with his amazing defense, and Alec Kessler, with his prolific offensive game, but ultimately decided on the all-around production of Perkins, helping to lead an unlikely playoff contender in Sacramento. A lot of his scoring comes from inefficient volume, but he frequently gets to the free throw line to offset that and has shown impressive rebounding and playmaking ability this season. While he is not an elite rim protector, he also does enough on the defensive end to be considered a plus defender.
SF-Clark Kellogg (NY)-17.8ppg, 8.8rpg, 3.9apg, 1.5spg, 1.0bpg, 2.5topg, .468 FG%, .733 FT%, .000 3P%
Another really tough decision here, I went with the all-around floor game of Clark Kellog for the 3rd Team spot over gaudier scoring numbers from guys like Tom Chambers, Clyde Drexler, and rookie Chris Gatling. Kellog has been the Knicks’ offensive hub this season, scoring just enough and providing good playmaking from down low. He is a phenomenal rebounder and defensive playmaker at the Small Forward spot as well, vaulting him to this spot for me.
SG-Darrell Griffith (SEA)-25.3ppg, 4.9rpg, 2.8apg, 2.8spg, 0.3bpg, 3.2topg, .485 FG%, .803 FT%, .401 3P%
Griffith just narrowly beats out Byron Scott and Hersey Hawkins for the last Shooting Guard spot, being the only real bright spot on a bit of a floundering Supersonics team. He has been one of the best 2-guards in the league for some time now, and hasn’t missed a beat at age 33, with great all-around offensive production/efficiency and All-League level defense as well.
PG-Mitchell Jordan (NJ)-21.2ppg, 4.1rpg, 7.4apg, 2.4spg, 0.4bpg, 3.2topg, .460 FG%, .833 FT%, .382 3P%
Little MJ had a bit of a slow start to the season (by his standards), but has been turning it on as of late. He is a very dangerous scorer from the outside, a phenomenal defender, and still one of the better floor generals in the league. Jim Brogan received some consideration for this spot, but Jordan’s recent play solidified his inclusion as the leader of the East-leading Nets.

Players also considered: SF Chris Gatling (SAC), SF Tom Chambers (NJ), C Joe Barry Carroll (CHI), SG Hersey Hawkins (SA), PG Jim Brogan (LAC), PF Kevin Duckworth (NY), SF Clyde Drexler (MIN), PF Alec Kessler (TOR), SG Byron Scott (BOS), PF Charles Barkley (DEN), PF Melvin Turpin (SA)
Last edited by Craig on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS GM
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Day 80 All-League Teams

Post by bellsduck »

Not one player from the leagues best team?
Boooo
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I agree with Kevin Johnsons' production but he missed too many games to be on an all-league team which is unfortunate.

Depending on how the final games playing out, Danny Manning has a great shot at 1st team at PF with Smith out until playoffs
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Scott’s feelings are hurt

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Oregon Ownage wrote:I agree with Kevin Johnsons' production but he missed too many games to be on an all-league team which is unfortunate.

Depending on how the final games playing out, Danny Manning has a great shot at 1st team at PF with Smith out until playoffs
Yeah this is more who I'd pick at Day 80 than predictions the game picks at Day 120 on the Smith/Manning thing.

Not gonna lie though I must've missed KJ's game count. Probly would have made a difference for my picks.
SUNS GM
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

Hmmm interesting
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »