Ohio State the better team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Ohio State the better team

Post by buckmarkduck »

First the: Kelly's first bowl game went a lot better than Belloti's. No fake punts by tosu.

Our oline got their tails kicked most of the day and that's the reason Kelly didn't open up the play book. On D we really really missed WTIII, a couple of those flouting passes he would have picked.

I also think that our LB have been avg the last 4-5 games, and where below avg yesterday. I also think the injury to Kaddu is/was a big reason for that. Even though he only started 1 game he was really beginning to dominate, and when he got hurt and our D went from giving up 13ppg to giving up a crap ton to Stanford, OS and UA. I really like Paysinger, Mathews and Pleasant, but I'm hoping BoLO, Clay, Littlejohn and Kaddu can give those three a run for their money this summer. Those 4 just have so much more size and athleticism, if UO wants to take that next step we need a couple of those 4 to step it up.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think it was pretty obvious they just had bigger & better athletes. That was the difference IMO. Pryor dominated our LBs & Safeties (Did you see those stiff arms?!) & their Dline was all over our oline all game. We just need to continue building & pulling in the top recruiting classes. Working towards that elite level. I think we can all realize we aren't quite there yet. We're not far away though.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Oregon only had the ball for 18 minutes to OSU's 42. Ohio States offense was the best defense. Oregon really couldn't do much primarily because they didn't have the ball enough to do a lot. When the O finally did get rolling Blount's fumble killed any momentum the Ducks had.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

gofightingducks wrote:Oregon only had the ball for 18 minutes to OSU's 42. Ohio States offense was the best defense. Oregon really couldn't do much primarily because they didn't have the ball enough to do a lot. When the O finally did get rolling Blount's fumble killed any momentum the Ducks had.
Agreed...our defense has to get a lot better. All we had to do is stop/scheme for one player and we failed! Do we give props to OSU/TP or epic fail in our defensive philosophy? Because we made a struggling QB look all-conference and it pisses me off! I'm just sick of watching our floundering defense/DC fail us year after year!

Sorry guys that all my posts reflect the same thing but year after year its the same thing...why are we the only ones that see it?

"Offenses" can be great but its "Defenses" that win championships!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!