Popo Aumavae opts out of bowl game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Popo Aumavae opts out of bowl game

Post by greenyellow »

DT Popo Aumavae has opted out of the Fiesta Bowl. Supposedly he's been playing through an injury much of the year and is just trying to get healthy for the draft at this point.
Alan
Senior

Re: Popo Aumavae opts out of bowl game

Post by Alan »

I can’t blame him, in this era of college ball even with a New Years 6 game, it is a worthless game…. I do not want to disrespect our opponent….. but is is worthless
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Every game counts. No game is worthless. Players want to achieve something and our Ducks will do so.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

This is the explanation I am most sympathetic to; having an injury. I hope he shuts things down and heals quickly.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Admittedly “worthless” is too strong of a word. My opinion is we have a 98.5% chance of winning with Bo and others playing, 80% chance of it being a huge blow out…IMO. I see all starters getting pulled early when it gets out of hand. As stated by other members here, i look forward to seeing some good minutes for some of the younger guys and I am confident Dan will do what is needed to win.

On the other hand what will it do if we lose? It will not change our signing day results, does,the extra loss really matter in the big picture if Dan protects NFL bound players? Will most of us turn toward the “fire Dan!” Crowd….hell no!… use this game as a experience game and do what is neede to win and it should not be hard to do.

Worthless, sorry wrong word to use, must win, critical to move forward….. Hell no!

Go Ducks!