NCAA R64: #11 Oregon v #6 South Carolina (March 21, Thu 1 PM TNT)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Re: NCAA R32: #11 Oregon v #6 South Carolina (March 21, Thu 1 PM TNT)

Post by 73duck »

Listened to a podcast with an SC guy who was confident they could dominate Shelstad because he's a frosh.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon's portion of the press conference is from the 1 hour and 41 minute mark to the 2 hour 11 minute mark.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 am
TheDrake wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 am Any thought of Dana's seat being warm was ludicrous! What he has done with all the injuries is amazing! Great coach!
My biggest thought with Dana, was that he seemed very just over everything. Had the sma look and even press conferences that coach Oeterson had during his last year at UW. He isn’t a young coach, and everything looked like it was taking a toll on him. But a few wins in Vegas, and he seems rejuvenated
Altman isn't just a coach, he's also a huge fan! He feels disappointment more than any fan when there's injuries. Besides just being a job, most coaches love what they do, and I can't imagine him being any different. He's been to a Final-4 now, tasted that success and wants more.

There are many places he could go and be successful, but he wants to stay at Oregon. Unless he were to start spiraling with 2-3 losing seasons in a row, I think the thought of his seat being "warm" is ludicrous. This guy is one of the best in the business and we're lucky to have him.
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think losing his assistant right after the Final Four team and Covid causing the tourney to be cancelled right when that team was playing at their best combined with some injuries and untimely transfers did make Altman a little worn out. This year has been the most fired up I’ve seen him since Pritchard’s final season, glad to see his fire back. I have a feeling a big part of Altman’s motivation this year is sending Dante out on a good note, seems like he really respects and cares about Dante for sticking it out for so long.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon should be winning by 10 right now. Hope we keep it up in the 2nd half!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

SOLID first half. Stupid momentum swing at the end with SC’s 3/4 court shot, but loving our aggressive D and offensive efficiency. Dante is just unguardable with the ball down low.

Lots of game left, but we belong here.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

And Altman is still undefeated in the first round. Impressive win! I don't think Creighton will be this easy.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

When the guards play well this team really does have a high ceiling. Dante is just so dang good than when a guard goes off like Couisnard did it’s hard to beat Oregon. Also that was some of the best defense I’ve seen this season from the guards. South Carolina actually shot really well and made a lot of 3’s, Oregon was just that much better.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Alright!

Hopefully we get more points from the bench next game.
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

So rewarding to follow this team through such a difficult season and come out on the other side with several big time performances in a row. Couisnard and Dante are bringing the fire and leadership.

Next game is going to be bigger challenge. Creighton has lots of size and is efficient offensively. Going to need an impressive defensive performance to win.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

After how he struggled shooting in Vegas last week, I did not see this kind of outburst from Couisnard coming. Sure was fun seeing him attacking from the opening tip and then just going off when an ex-teammate of his tried to talking trash after hitting a shot over him. Dante absolutely bullied their short posts all game long. Would have been nice getting Shelstad and Evans going more but it wasn't needed with the SRs carrying the load. They're going to need another performance like this again with far fewer turnovers if they hope to beat Creighton on Saturday.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: NCAA R64: #11 Oregon v #6 South Carolina (March 21, Thu 1 PM TNT)

Post by GrantDuck »

Awesome win. Creighton is going to be tough because I don't think we can play much zone against them.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: NCAA R64: #11 Oregon v #6 South Carolina (March 21, Thu 1 PM TNT)

Post by Phalanx »

was watching a video from a guy making betting picks and he picked South Carolina over Oregon because Oregon was from the Pac 12, and the Pac 12 has only 4 teams in the tournament, and the SEC has way more. How's that looking now? Highly-seeded SEC teams dropping like flies and the Pac 12 is 5-0 so far. :lol:

Not like it's the first time this has happened either.