Oregon Spring Game (April 27 Sat 1 PM)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Oregon Spring Game (April 27 Sat 1 PM)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Holden was joking around on the sidelines. Be looked fine. I think Savage walked off the field and it was thought he got his bell rung.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 am How can you tell if the talent is elite in a spring game? When the DLine is pressuring the QB is is a great pass rush or bad OLine play? Legit question, cause I remember the 2009 Spring Game and thinking that OLine was awful, which they were and the main reason the ducks lost to Boise St in the opener, but what about this spring game is giving so many people confident that the talent/team is really good?
The poster is expressing his/her opinion and that's okay. Maybe you don't feel the same way and that's okay too.

Your post comes across as questioning how he could possibly think that. I don't think you meant for it to but this board is a place for expressing opinions. He's sharing his just as you are.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Didn’t mean to come across that way at all, there are posters who are far more knowledgeable than me about the game of football (never played football) so curious what people were seeing.

I do tend to be on the more negative/skeptical side, I know that’s a shocker. I think it’s a coping mechanism as I’m still trying to recover from the 2012 Stanford loss. I think the only way for me to heal from that loss is to see Oregon win a natty.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Anyone catch the 5 minute interview with Lanning during the game? Lanning was being Lanning. Answering the questions the best he could but he kept turning around trying to still keep his eye on the game. Dude is just intense.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

QuackininBama wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 am Anyone catch the 5 minute interview with Lanning during the game? Lanning was being Lanning. Answering the questions the best he could but he kept turning around trying to still keep his eye on the game. Dude is just intense.
Totally caught that.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am Didn’t mean to come across that way at all, there are posters who are far more knowledgeable than me about the game of football (never played football) so curious what people were seeing.

I do tend to be on the more negative/skeptical side, I know that’s a shocker. I think it’s a coping mechanism as I’m still trying to recover from the 2012 Stanford loss. I think the only way for me to heal from that loss is to see Oregon win a natty.
Ha- I still see Zach Ertz's foot out of bounds in my nightmares.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Quick Spring Game Thoughts After 2 Watches:

-Defensive line depth and overall improved secondary play was a highlight. Aaron Flowers is going to be an absolute stud. Tuioti looked really good. Several others had moments.
-WR/TE groups are deep. TFerg will be fine. Sadiq can play all over. Only guy I didn't like here was actually Jurrion(he looked slow).
-Not as high on Jay Harris as some others as I saw some contact balance issues, but obviously will be a contributor this fall.
-As many have mentioned, OL depth is a bit of an issue. Not sure who our 3rd tackle would be right now if one of the top guys goes down. 2025 could have some big issues here if we don't land a top freshman OL/develop. Fox Crader/Shaq developing quickly will be a key long term.
-There's still a handful of guys who won't come until summer or fall, like Brandon Johnson, so keep that in mind as well.
-QB play was the best I've ever seen 1-5 at Oregon. Really impressive development there from coach Stein.

-Feel like this season depends most on staying healthy at OL and if Gabriel plays big in big moments. If those 2 things happen, we will be a title contender.

Go Ducks!
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I'm wondering who's going to win the battle for #2 QB? All 3 backups looked good to me.
John 3:36