Combine invitees

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Combine invitees

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... n_thu.html

Four Oregon seniors have been invited to the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine: tight end Ed Dickson, safety T.J. Ward, running back LeGarrette Blount and cornerback Walter Thurmond.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Combine invitees

Post by Tray Dub »

Surprised Tukuafu didn't get an invite. I know he didn't have a great year, but I would think they'd at least give him a look.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tray Dub wrote:Surprised Tukuafu didn't get an invite. I know he didn't have a great year, but I would think they'd at least give him a look.
Woah didn't even realize that. Thats a huge surprise. Something against Oregon DEs? Nick Reed now Will? Will is a beast. Makes no sense that he didn't get invited.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... n_thu.html

Four Oregon seniors have been invited to the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine: tight end Ed Dickson, safety T.J. Ward, running back LeGarrette Blount and cornerback Walter Thurmond.
All deserving. And I agree, a little surprised Tukuafu didn't get invited, but oh well.

Let's hope Dickson can bump his stock up some. I'd love to see him go first day.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
blanco_diablo
One Star Recruit

Post by blanco_diablo »

I'm always surprised by the guys who don't get invites, guess that's why they have Pro Days... he should get some looks there.
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

I'm surprised that they invited walt and not will. Walt has a completely reconstructed knee and is going to be red flagged anyhow.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Personally, I'm not that high on TJ Ward. I mean how many big plays did he make this season?
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Personally, I'm not that high on TJ Ward. I mean how many big plays did he make this season?
How many big plays did he give up because he doesn't play pass coverage?
pikestick
Two Star Recruit

Post by pikestick »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Let's hope Dickson can bump his stock up some. I'd love to see him go first day.
well with only the first round on the first day this year, I don't think that's likely... I think he has a great shot to be in the third round, though, which was on the first day until this year!
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Nick Reed's done fine for himself with the halwks, maybe this success will help Will break through
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pikestick wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
well with only the first round on the first day this year, I don't think that's likely... I think he has a great shot to be in the third round, though, which was on the first day until this year!
Forgot they made that change. It's gonna be weird with the new draft format.

I'd be happy if Dickson could sneak into the second round.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13