Can you guys bring me up to speed?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Can you guys bring me up to speed?

Post by nogerO »

I've been in and out of hospitals for surguries that last few weeks and haven't been around much. Can you give me your opinions on the current state of our Basketball program and the new coach/recruits?

Thanks
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Can you guys bring me up to speed?

Post by oregontrack »

Magic 8 ball says outlook looks good. No more running a fastbreak offense than doesn't run, brought in a coach who can adapt to the personal at hand instead of trying the square peg/round hole approach to failure, defense should improve, fundamentals can't not improve. Within weeks of taking the job he brought in a legit backup PG, something we haven't had in years. We're thin at some spots but if we avoid injury we should be a player in what should be another weak Pac-10 conference.

We've got Duke in Portland and Mizzou in Eugene on the schedule, but I'm sure the rest of the OOC games won't be too tough so we should have a decent record heading into 2011.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Altman may have some insight into handling Mizzou... At least he comes from the right part of the country to have a good scouting report.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

nogerO wrote:I've been in and out of hospitals for surguries that last few weeks and haven't been around much. Can you give me your opinions on the current state of our Basketball program and the new coach/recruits?

Thanks
Go Altman late in the game, but he was able to snag PG John Loyd, who reportedly had offers from some big teams including Michigan State, Florida, and others. That was a big pickup for us. We missed out on a 4 star recruit with unearthly jumping skills, who chose St. Johns over us. We also added 6'8" SF Nared, who originally committed to Creighton. He should add some depth and shooting off the bench.

Memphis SG Sallie is leaving Memphis and will have one year to play. He'll be visiting Oregon soon.

Overall, recruiting hasn't been hot, outside of Loyd, but Altman did a great job with the amount of time he was given.

I think things are OK overall with our basketball program. It's hard to comment on anything though, before a single game has been played under Altman.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13