Ex-Houston Guard COMMITS to Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Ex-Houston Guard COMMITS to Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:What's his reason for transferring?
His dad basically got demoted/fired from his position in the athletic department.
Young refused reassignment within the UH athletic department after his contract as director of basketball operations — a position he held for the past seven of his 16 years working at UH — was set to expire Friday. He was offered a community service role within the UH athletic department.

“James Dickey doesn’t want me to be part of his coaching staff anymore,” Young said. “He wanted to go in another direction. I was offered an alternative position. I refused it, and I’ve moved on from the University of Houston.”
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Hmm...I wonder how the NCAA will rule on this one.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

So is there no way to make room for Kyle Wiltjer? He seems he would be a huge pick up for us if at all possible.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

soduck wrote:So is there no way to make room for Kyle Wiltjer? He seems he would be a huge pick up for us if at all possible.
Only way would be for Felicio to not get in but sounds the coaching staff will hold a scholarship as long as possible, which may be too long for when Wiltjer wants to decide by.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

This is a HUGE get! Our backcourt is going to be incredible.

Last one we had with this much talent was 06-07 when Brooks was a senior, Taylor was a junior, and Porter was the freshman roll player that would come in off the bench and drain 3s. Man, that was a great year. Good things to come next season!
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Fills a big need.. next year should be good.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I can't wait to watch this team next year. This has turned into quite a recruiting class, even if it's just players for a season or two.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

8-)
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

northbeachsf wrote:This is a HUGE get! Our backcourt is going to be incredible.

Last one we had with this much talent was 06-07 when Brooks was a senior, Taylor was a junior, and Porter was the freshman roll player that would come in off the bench and drain 3s. Man, that was a great year. Good things to come next season!
not that it really matters, but porter started virtually all year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

soduck wrote:So is there no way to make room for Kyle Wiltjer? He seems he would be a huge pick up for us if at all possible.
Young is a much better player than Wiltjer. Don't think Oregon will have room.

Huge pickup for Altman. Hopefully Young wins his appeal and becomes eligible immediately.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

uostudent wrote:

Huge pickup for Altman. Hopefully Young wins his appeal and becomes eligible immediately.

Sounds like the Cristiano has the scores for his SAT, now they are jumping a couple more hurdles. So if he gets in then there would be no room for a big stiff Wiltjer, who makes Kent's 6'9 guys look athletic.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

buckmarkduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:

Sounds like the Cristiano has the scores for his SAT, now they are jumping a couple more hurdles. So if he gets in then there would be no room for a big stiff Wiltjer, who makes Kent's 6'9 guys look athletic.
That's great to hear about Christiano, I would be really disappointed if he didn't make it in.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i already had high hopes for this year... you don't have two potential first rounders + a point of artis' caliber and not dream big from time to time. but hot damn, let's get this kid eligible and see how far we can take this thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Definitely need another scorer, this team should be fun to watch
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:i already had high hopes for this year... you don't have two potential first rounders + a point of artis' caliber and not dream big from time to time. but hot damn, let's get this kid eligible and see how far we can take this thing.
Who's the other potential first rounder? At first I thought you meant Artis but then you said + Artis and I'm trying to figure out who I'm forgetting. Moser?