UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings

Post by dd10snoop28 »

eddy_zamora wrote:21.... I don't think I've been that bad.
Trading your pick this year (when you know you aren't going to be a contender) for a benchwarmer is one of the reasons that you are at 21. Your team was in a good position to add another piece with a lottery pick, but now you are stuck with a guy that will get you a 2nd round pick if lucky.

Not only that, but a lot of GM's were telling you that the trade would really hurt you, yet you continued to pursue a revised version of the deal. Making mistakes isn't bad (especially since you are new), but you got to learn from your mistakes and listen to GM's that are trying to help.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
#18 Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
Mavs are the 3rd worst team in DASL history, yet he is ranked #18? All about set up... Mavs have Anderson and Vaught, 2 very promising players for the future. Oh, and 6 firsts over the next 3 years. If ownage plays his cards right, he could be back in business in just 2-3 seasons. But ownage will need some good offseasons, which will include FA, an area where they haven't been very successful in lately.
1st year I had no idea what I was doing but I am starting to get a grip on what I want to do moving forward. The picks I own this year with what Pudge said above will be crucial to have I fare in years to come. In FA I try to get players too cheap and it ends up backfiring on me.
Exactly, your bids and some other GMs (grizzlies off the top of my head) definitely under bid and that's just something you're going to get used to as you play the game more. I think guys like you and phenom who were really new to this are just now starting to understand the game better. Half the GMs in front of you have been doing this for a looong time. But yeah, Mavs had a really good draft this year, probably underlooked that a little, so we'll see big things in Dallas soon, i'm sure.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

eddy_zamora wrote:21.... I don't think I've been that bad.
Maybe. Most the GMs in front of you imo have earned their spots. I could see you maybe as high as #16, but just my opinion on overall GM rankings.

Prove me wrong.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

And thanks to you guys who have been active and make this worth my time. Definitely a fun time, and keep in mind these rankings are just my opinion. I'll have some bias' towards some teams, GMs, etc. But I think for the most part, they are pretty reflective on how you've actually done here so far. So hopefully everyone takes it constructively, don't mean to bash anyone or at the same time put anyone on a pedestal.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I only have one player from original draft and my plan during that time was to build a young team with potential to play together for a long time. Lol
docsutton89
Three Star Recruit

Post by docsutton89 »

Im pumped with this. For this being my first week im beyond happy to not be last.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Criteria

#2 Boom - Houston Rockets GM
I'm the commish, and I shouldn't show favortism, but I LOVE the Rockets roster. If Hardaway can somehow mature and play up to his rating's potential, Rockets might be the favorite to win the rest. Rockets went from Jon Koncak, Scottie Pippen, Dell Curry, and Rod Strickland to perhaps the best starting 5 in DASL. And what shows more maturity is his ability to accomplish all of this without sacrificing his future. He still has a Cliff Robinson and Tim Hardaway who are both young players with a bright future ahead. And he has all his future 1sts. Wise GMing in such little time, color me as impressed.
I definitely made some mistakes with the expansion draft, but I recovered by targeting some of the older/undervalued allstar type players. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that Moses and Rambis will play into their 40s :lol:
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

It's whatever. I just thought that besides maybe the Smerk trade, I had done a pretty good job.
SUPERSONICS GM
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Loy Vaught seems to love being a one man band.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I can deal with top 3. I don't think in hindsight any of the players I have now would be vetoed though. I do have 6 veto's to my name though lol.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I can deal with top 3. I don't think in hindsight any of the players I have now would be vetoed though. I do have 6 veto's to my name though lol.
I had you #2 initially, and probably should have kept you there, but anyway obviously you have one of the best teams to date. I'm curious how you'll do in a year or two. You have 4 starters that are 30 or older, and two of them expire this year.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah I'm debating what to do myself
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »