Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Post by Phenom »

Duck07 wrote:Shoot, last year people were worried Herbert would get killed making his first start in this game. If he's fine he will play and he gives us a chance to win. I'm more afraid of Pettis returning than I am Browning. Jelks hasn't had a POTW level game for a while and this is a good time for one, especially with Adams out.

Our running game and OL has had the proverbial handcuffs on these last few weeks. Having Herbert play is like taking them off and it would provide a huge mental boost for the team knowing they've got him back. If you think we know how good he is then imagine how the players feel about him.
Jelks was amazing on Saturday.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If you think people here are tough on QBs, go check out hardcorehusky, they hate Browning. Stop the run, put springs on Pettis all night and force Browing to beat us.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

HUCK THE FUSKIES!!! That is all...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

nogerO wrote:HUCK THE FUSKIES!!! That is all...
couldnt agree more..very well stated..an indepth post.. lol
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

De-louse the Dawg Haus!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Remember that Facebook post about the Huskies beating us in their house? Oh wait, you don't because it has never happened!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It's attacking UW's defense, which must be regarded as one of the very best in the country, that will be the key. The OL and RBs should have good confidence after doing what they did to Utah last week, despite having next to no passing game, AND doing most of their damage in the second half, which has been the Ducks' bugaboo half lately.

But if BB continues to play QB, I'd almost worry that we'd finish with minus points vs. UW. I think we'll have a chance if JH gets the #1 reps this week and can play the whole game. After what happened last year, and looking at the current oddsmakers' spread, the Ducks certainly won't lack for motivation. To parrot some of what WT said after the Utah game, I think if the Ducks genuinely believe they can beat UW, they can.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

RIP

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Washington just doesn't look as good as it was last season. They're not quite as dynamic. Defensively, they're really good, but the Pac-12 is also kind of weak this year... and UW has struggled to move the ball at times. They just don't strike me as an elite team right now.

If Herbert plays, and if we can pick up where we left off in the first quarter of that Cal game -- then look out. When healthy, Oregon might be the Pac-12's most dangerous team. I'd feel better about beating UW had Herbert been able to play against Utah, but if he's in the lineup then I give us more than just a puncher's chance.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote: Jelks was amazing on Saturday.
I only got the end of the 2nd Q and 2nd half on the radio and well, Jerry and Jorg don't do squat as far as letting you know what's going on in a reasonable manner. It would have been a great matchup for Jalen had Adams been healthy so hopefully he keeps the torrid play up against his backup.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

How many weeks will it have been since Herbert's injury?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Duck07 wrote:Our running game and OL has had the proverbial handcuffs on these last few weeks. Having Herbert play is like taking them off and it would provide a huge mental boost for the team knowing they've got him back. If you think we know how good he is then imagine how the players feel about him.
Not sure what you mean by this. We've done nothing but run the ball for weeks, and pretty effectively too. It's the passing game that's handcuffed, right?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

ifuwant2 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Our running game and OL has had the proverbial handcuffs on these last few weeks. Having Herbert play is like taking them off and it would provide a huge mental boost for the team knowing they've got him back. If you think we know how good he is then imagine how the players feel about him.
Not sure what you mean by this. We've done nothing but run the ball for weeks, and pretty effectively too. It's the passing game that's handcuffed, right?
The RB's have been forced to run against defenses that have zero respect for the pass and can sell out to stop the run. With Herbert back, defenses will have to defend both the pass and the run, removing the handcuffs. At least that's how I read it.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
The RB's have been forced to run against defenses that have zero respect for the pass and can sell out to stop the run. With Herbert back, defenses will have to defend both the pass and the run, removing the handcuffs. At least that's how I read it.
Yeah, running/passing definitely are symbiotic. BB's end of the game stats were not much different from his previous games. But because he started out with aggressive and effective passing against Utah, the defense had to focus on that much more than before, letting the running game also prosper like it hadn't previously and just kept rolling as the game went on.