Questions Thread

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

tales
Two Star Recruit

Re: Questions Thread

Post by tales »

Ahh okay thanks
Toronto Raptors GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:What is CY in that post by Broph?
means nothing here, I copied the advice from an old league, so some rules from there are included
What was it there? Like a forced year to try and compete?

Basically you couldn't tank for numerous seasons in a row. Some GMs would purposely put in terrible DC's(or not so purposely on my part) and kinda pull a Thunder and get top 5 picks for years and then just dominate. Also in a hotly contested league it weeds out the bad GMs so those on the waiting list can get on
Can't do that here though, cuz we need GMs lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:What is CY in that post by Broph?
means nothing here, I copied the advice from an old league, so some rules from there are included
What was it there? Like a forced year to try and compete?

Basically you couldn't tank for numerous seasons in a row. Some GMs would purposely put in terrible DC's(or not so purposely on my part) and kinda pull a Thunder and get top 5 picks for years and then just dominate. Also in a hotly contested league it weeds out the bad GMs so those on the waiting list can get on
Can't do that here though, cuz we need GMs lol.
That's why it's good you watch DC's!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Do FA's that asked for the max when resigning with teams usually ask for the max in FA?
rpmunn
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets

Post by rpmunn »

Brophdog88 wrote:
tales wrote:So I got 15 million in cap space. Lets say I offer 4 players 5 mil a year each and they all accept. Do I get to choose which ones to sign? Or am I restricted to offering up to 15 million during FA?
you can offer as much as you like...but its first come first serve, the guys who accept your offer first land with you, and the fourth moves on

How is it done to offer contracts? Is it just in the signings thread, then everyone tries to outbid each other? Or is it the first person to offer has the best chance? What do I need to know going into the free agency?
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Phenom wrote:Do FA's that asked for the max when resigning with teams usually ask for the max in FA?
If the player is good teams will usually offer the max. The rub comes with older players, you will probably win with more years, but you risk having the player implode in the last couple of the deal.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

rpmunn wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
tales wrote:So I got 15 million in cap space. Lets say I offer 4 players 5 mil a year each and they all accept. Do I get to choose which ones to sign? Or am I restricted to offering up to 15 million during FA?
you can offer as much as you like...but its first come first serve, the guys who accept your offer first land with you, and the fourth moves on

How is it done to offer contracts? Is it just in the signings thread, then everyone tries to outbid each other? Or is it the first person to offer has the best chance? What do I need to know going into the free agency?
Everyone bids. There's no first come first serve. All bids are looked at equally. Generally the more amount you offer, the better. Lots of times, first year amount is just as important as how long the contract is. So a 7mil contract will generally trump a 4mil per year / 5 year contract.

Everyone tries to outbid each other. Everyone will PM me their bids independently / privately, and then we go from there.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Going into free agency I have 1.7 mil in cap space, can I offer someone more than that or do I have to use a MLE?
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Going into free agency I have 1.7 mil in cap space, can I offer someone more than that or do I have to use a MLE?
Only once over the cap does your MLE and LLE go active.

Just toss a max one year contract on your crappy expirings and you are fine. Thos are also good for matching contracts.

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Zyme wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Going into free agency I have 1.7 mil in cap space, can I offer someone more than that or do I have to use a MLE?

Just toss a max one year contract on your crappy expirings and you are fine. Thos are also good for matching contracts.
I don't believe that's true. To my knowledge, as long as you have less than 4.5mil in cap space, you can offer MLE. (Same with LLE except less than 1.2mil).

So in your scenario, you can offer MLE and 1.7mil (your max). So in theory, if you get lucky enough, you could sign a serviceable player with your 1.7mil cap space, and get someone with your MLE. But if someone accepts your MLE offer first, then your 1.7 mil cap space is gone and all your 1.7mil offers are voided.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Zyme wrote:

I don't believe that's true. To my knowledge, as long as you have less than 4.5mil in cap space, you can offer MLE. (Same with LLE except less than 1.2mil).

So in your scenario, you can offer MLE and 1.7mil (your max). So in theory, if you get lucky enough, you could sign a serviceable player with your 1.7mil cap space, and get someone with your MLE. But if someone accepts your MLE offer first, then your 1.7 mil cap space is gone and all your 1.7mil offers are voided.
Ok that's what I was wondering. So how should I approach it? There's 2 players I plan on offering, one I was going to offer the 1.7 mil and other, the better player, the MLE.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If you think that the lesser player will accept 1.7 go do it that way yes.

Also you should have a backup plan, plan to offer at least 2-3 guys 1.7 and the MLE respectively, at least(max is 15 offers). Don't put all your eggs into one basket cause there could be 30 guys signed on Day 1 and then you're left with scraps to offer a contract to.
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

MLE guys dont susally accept until day 3/5 anyway.

K's HOF:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Zyme wrote:MLE guys dont susally accept until day 3/5 anyway.
So there's a good chance he'll accept someone else's non-MLE offer well before mine?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah I'd offer a few guys. Generally, especially in a smaller FA class, guys that you like will probably end up getting offered more. Personally, I'd give 3-5 guys MLE offer, and a couple guys the 1.7mil offer.