2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: 2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Can we delete the last two comments before this thread is no longer about the coaching carousel?
Done.

Wait you delete mine but not the guy claiming rolo has baggage? What baggage does he have then?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Oddly, I think that washington is screwed no matter what happens with DeBoer. He's going to lose all his biggest playmakers this year (Trice, Penix, Odunze) without recruiting the talent to replace them, so the team is going to be portal fishing this offseason. If he moves on, I'd expect a lot of their players to hit the portal without an obvious west coast guy to replace him, save for perhaps elevating Grubb.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Mississippi State has hired Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Oddly, I think that washington is screwed no matter what happens with DeBoer. He's going to lose all his biggest playmakers this year (Trice, Penix, Odunze) without recruiting the talent to replace them, so the team is going to be portal fishing this offseason. If he moves on, I'd expect a lot of their players to hit the portal without an obvious west coast guy to replace him, save for perhaps elevating Grubb.
With Elko going to TAMU It would seem DeBoer is locked in. The question mark remains Grubb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

It would be interesting if Chip took the OSU job. *complete speculation
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

5$ wrote:It would be interesting if Chip took the OSU job. *complete speculation
IF Chip doesn’t completely walk away from football i think he goes to the NFL as an OC. No way is he a guy to do the rebuild OS will need and no way he has any ability to connect with the fan base.

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Looks like Jonathan Smith is not wasting any time with his staff at Michigan State. According to some MSU sources, this is what his staff is expected to look like so far:
OC/QB- Brian Lindgren (following from OSU)
RB- Keith Bonapha (following from OSU)
WR- Courtney Hawkins (currently at MSU)
OL- Jim Michalczik (following from OSU)
TE- Brian Wozniak (following from OSU)
CB- Blue Adams (following from OSU)
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

5$ wrote:It would be interesting if Chip took the OSU job. *complete speculation
Beaver fans hate him. That would be similar to if the Ducks had brought in Neuheisel as head coach, years ago.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I wonder how much $ the Beavers will be willing to spend on a new coaching staff. Will their new coach get Power 5 money using whatever they can scrounge from the Pac-12's wreckage or will they be paying along Mountain West pay scales? Just a sad situation there in Corvallis.

I don't see this mentioned at all... but not only did their beloved coach leave, but he left for THE BIG 10.

Oregon State's football program is ****ed.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:I wonder how much $ the Beavers will be willing to spend on a new coaching staff. Will their new coach get Power 5 money using whatever they can scrounge from the Pac-12's wreckage or will they be paying along Mountain West pay scales? Just a sad situation there in Corvallis.

I don't see this mentioned at all... but not only did their beloved coach leave, but he left for THE BIG 10.

Only if you are ok with your tax dollars going to OS football. Outside of that. OS won’t be able to pay very well. They have zero tv deal going forward.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:I wonder how much $ the Beavers will be willing to spend on a new coaching staff. Will their new coach get Power 5 money using whatever they can scrounge from the Pac-12's wreckage or will they be paying along Mountain West pay scales? Just a sad situation there in Corvallis.

What about Mike Riley? Wasn't he on Smith's staff as an advisor or something else? He's definitely an OSU guy and I doubt that he'd be as concerned about the money as most incoming candidates would be.

Just a thought.
John 3:36
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I bet it's gonna be Trent Bray as their next coach.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Florida has cut bait with two defensive coaches, which could open the door for Oregon with a recruit or two.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I bet it's gonna be Trent Bray as their next coach.
This is the logical choice given they want to move quickly and continuity is key. They also want someone in place when the portal officially opens. It's open for current OS players right now.

Will be interesting to see what DJU does. Seems like Martinez is staying but not sure Chiles has said anything officially. There will be some who will go to MSU I suspect.