Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Re: HBO special on college sports

Post by L Perry »

Icculus wrote:
Duck07 wrote: Image
Great Gam Gam is a whore?
Na, she's one of those there sexual therapists and them boys is a gay couple! ;)
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

Jay Jacobs(AD) addresses the situation:
“We are aware that four former football players have made allegations against Auburn. While HBO confirmed to us they have no proof that any of these claims are true, we contacted both the NCAA and Southeastern Conference as soon as these allegations surfaced. We have engaged outside counsel to investigate this matter and will spare no resources to find the truth.”
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Elduderino wrote:Also, while it would be naive to suggest that there is no corruption in the business of CFB, it is equally naive to discount the notion that these players (4 out of 200 by Andrea Kramer's count) might just have some sort of axe to grind with the University and program. As far as first-hand, confessions go...keep in mind that in the real justice system eye-witness testimonies are considered by some to be among the most unreliable of evidence. People also purger themselves and offer false testimony/confessions all the time.
It's not impossible that they have worked together and have an axe to grind. But, I think that the number of players saying the same thing greatly reduces that possibility.

In court, when multiple witnesses say the same thing it's corroborating evidence and usually strengthens that account of events.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck07 wrote:
Icculus wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
We had 1 RB recruit about 8 years ago whose parents found out he drank and had sex on his trip and flipped out - no way were they letting him come here. I can't remember all the details with the recruit but at some point we have to recognize that some of these things are not systemic problems of the institutions but rather the public's general fascination with these athletes, ahem, student-athletes as Mark Emmert will reiterate. You're not going to stop girls being attracted to college athletes any more than you can you stop fans at the bar from buying these guys drinks, $ handshakes etc.

As for "if the facts come out showing Oregon/AU cheated..." - yes, we'll all be disappointed but right now, we're still waiting for that evidence. I'll feel like a bit of a whore myself for watching it on hbo tonight but if this is the worst of what they've got, call me not impressed.