So, are we in? Or out?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

So, are we in? Or out?

Post by UofDuck »

I thought I heard we would know today. Thoughts? Insights?
woundedknees
All-American

Re: So, are we in? Or out?

Post by woundedknees »

IMO, RPI (53rd) and SOS (43rd) are high enough, but will the Ducks PAC 10 record (8th) be strong enough? That would also mean the PAC 10 gets 6-7 teams into the NCAA's.

Multiple late game collapses may bite hard.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

We didn't make it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

woundedknees wrote:IMO, RPI (53rd) and SOS (43rd) are high enough, but will the Ducks PAC 10 record (8th) be strong enough? That would also mean the PAC 10 gets 6-7 teams into the NCAA's.

Multiple late game collapses may bite hard.
An RPI of 53 is not good, and it's why we didn't get selected. It certainly wasn't high enough. The Pac-10 got 8 bids last year, it's not so uncommon in baseball.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sucks they didn't make it since they were playing so well at the end, but too many blown games really hurt. Oregon's going to have to replace a lot of good pitchers, plus most likely Pulfer and Serna, and hope that a lot of the signed recruits don't sign pro contracts since Horton needs to restock the team.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:Sucks they didn't make it since they were playing so well at the end, but too many blown games really hurt. Oregon's going to have to replace a lot of good pitchers, plus most likely Pulfer and Serna, and hope that a lot of the signed recruits don't sign pro contracts since Horton needs to restock the team.
I think a lot depends on if Boer comes back. If he does, I think we're a legitimate 40-win team. If he doesn't, which I suppose is likely, we'll need to battle but I think we're still a Tournament team.

Offense should be pretty good though. We'll be returning 7 position players without Pulfer and Serna. If Serna chooses to come back, all the better.

Bullpen kind of worries me............
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Sucks they didn't make it since they were playing so well at the end, but too many blown games really hurt. Oregon's going to have to replace a lot of good pitchers, plus most likely Pulfer and Serna, and hope that a lot of the signed recruits don't sign pro contracts since Horton needs to restock the team.
I think a lot depends on if Boer comes back. If he does, I think we're a legitimate 40-win team. If he doesn't, which I suppose is likely, we'll need to battle but I think we're still a Tournament team.

Offense should be pretty good though. We'll be returning 7 position players without Pulfer and Serna. If Serna chooses to come back, all the better.

Bullpen kind of worries me............
I think Marder probably replaces either Serna or Pulfer, with 2B being more likely. Hambright did a good enough job at catcher after Marder got injured to warrant him starting a majority of next year's games.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Lots of potential lineup possibilities.

I think Aaron Jones in RF, Brett Thomas in CF, and Ryon Healy at 1B are probably locks.

After that, everything really looks up in the air until we know who's coming back. Guys like Sabol and Marder and Alto and probably Garlick will all start, but where they'll be starting is anyone's guess.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

So now it's 2 weeks of track, then a looooong wait until football. :(
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

If Arizona wins tomorrow, 5 out of the final 16 teams for the college world series will be from the pac-10. Not sure how often that has happened, but I find that to be very impressive. Shows just how good the division is.