Dotson commits!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Dotson commits!

Post by chapelhillduck »

Last edited by chapelhillduck on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
briarduck
Senior

Re: Dotsen commits!

Post by briarduck »

Cool what do we know about this guy?

Welcome Mr Dotsen.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Dotson commits!

Post by buckmarkduck »

Solid offer list, wonder why he's not ranked on rivals or scout though? Do they just not care at all about basketball recruiting?

Watched his highlight video, and the kid is great at getting to the rim and has a decent stroke from outside.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

ESPN has him rated with three stars. Here is their scouting report:

Strengths:
Dotson is a versatile and athletic wing that knows how to stuff the stat sheet. He has the skills and toughness to play and defend all three perimeter positions. Dotson can handle and pass on time and on target at high speeds. He uses his height to be a tremendous skip passer. He beats his defenders off the bounce and hits mid range jumpers and threes when his feet are set in space. Dotson rebounds on both ends as well. He has a great motor reminds us at times of a young Scottie Pippen.

Weaknesses:
Dotson will have to continue to build strength, work to make his jumper from behind the arc a consistent weapon which he is very capable and perform at a high level on a consistent basis.

Bottom Line:
Dotson is a versatile and athletic wing that plays with urgency and energy and can make winning plays on both ends of the floor. He is just scratching the surface on how good he could become. Great upside.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-spor ... ean-dotson
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

http://www.houstonpreps.net/index.php?o ... Itemid=153

"Dotson is one of the top 10 players in the city and one of the top 20 players in Texas."

He has some range ;) ... Check out the last highlight on this NIKE EYBL tape.

http://hoopmixtape.ning.com/video/archi ... h-the-sick

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecr ... or-sleeper

"Small Forward Damyean Dotson (Houston/Jack Yates) is a high-major sleeper and is considered by some college coaches and high school basketball scouts the best unsigned senior in the state of Texas, not ranked in the ESPNU 100."

"I am looking for a school where I can get a decent amount of playing time right away and somewhere that has journalism and sports medicine that's what I have an interest in majoring in right now"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

pdxduck wrote:ESPN has him rated with three stars. Here is their scouting report:

Strengths:
He has the skills and toughness to play and defend all three perimeter positions.
Solid pick up.

Sounds like he will be a great fit in Altman's zone & press defense.
hermistonduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by hermistonduck »

This Altman guy isn't to bad. Good coach and can recruit, what were we holding onto Ernie for?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Solid class so far from Altman. Sounds like Altman will probably only take 4 players this year, unless he finds a 5th player that can really help. By actually trying to balance out the classes, he's already a better recruiter than Kent.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I wouldn't mind using all five, and I still think we should grab at least one JC kid to help bring a little balance to Loyd's class... of which he is the only member.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:I wouldn't mind using all five, and I still think we should grab at least one JC kid to help bring a little balance to Loyd's class... of which he is the only member.
That will probably be what happens, although next year's SR class is only 2 players (Singler and Woods) so he may wait and get 3 players for the 2013 class.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Is Emory not a junior?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Is Emory not a junior?
Forgot about him, so there's already 3. Adding a JC would then fit the bill of balancing out the team a bit more.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Yeah. I'd like to bring in a JC or two that could help out inside. As of right now, Woods, Kuemper, Emory (if you consider him a 4), and Carter will be our only 2012-13 bigs. It's also possible that Jabari could leave after his sophomore year, opening up another spot.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

A freshman center would be nice... still don't see why we would pass up on Landen Lucas.