Skippy got fired.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Skippy got fired.

Post by karlhungis »

UofO8 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Too bad you have to fight gridlock to get to the beach, then fight massive crowds at the beach, then fight gridlock to get home from the beach.

Mmm, not really. I have been to plenty of different beaches plenty of times with hardly anyone there. And if you know how to navigate around LA, traffic is not NEARLY as bad as some people make it out to be. With the exception of some areas obviously.
I lived down there for 3 years and I would never want to move back. The traffic is horrendous unless you are driving at 3AM. I love the weather but the traffic and the people make it a place that I would never want to live.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Re: Skippy got fired.

Post by wheaton4prez »

UofO8 wrote:Honestly a much better representation. Most of the people that whine about LA immediately jump to the crowded downtown part. And completely ignore all of the various beautiful beaches right next to it.
Yup. Most people that have been there have just been to Disneyland and Venice Beach. You have to know how to do LA.
karlhungis wrote:Too bad you have to fight gridlock to get to the beach, then fight massive crowds at the beach, then fight gridlock to get home from the beach.
It took me about 30 seconds to walk from my bed to the beach when I lived there. Don't recall having trouble going across town to Huntington, El Porto, County Line, etc. The only times that it was difficult was when going to touristy places like Santa Monica or Venice (which I rarely went to anyway).
UofO8 wrote:Mmm, not really. I have been to plenty of different beaches plenty of times with hardly anyone there. And if you know how to navigate around LA, traffic is not NEARLY as bad as some people make it out to be. With the exception of some areas obviously.
It depends a lot on where you live. I lived in the valley for a while there and that did suck. But, once I was in the South Bay, there was little reason to leave that sub-area.

The traffic reputation gets overblown because tourists come out and flock to the 405 or 10. It's not difficult to get around there if you know the other freeways.
karlhungis wrote:I lived down there for 3 years and I would never want to move back. The traffic is horrendous unless you are driving at 3AM. I love the weather but the traffic and the people make it a place that I would never want to live.
Where did you live down there?