Given Oklahoma State's win, who gets the NC game?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Given Oklahoma State's win, who gets the NC game?

Post by Phalanx »

The Cowboys would seem to have the stronger wins, but also the weaker loss. Who would you rather see playing LSU?
Duck07
All-American

Re: Given Oklahoma State's win, who gets the NC game?

Post by Duck07 »

Ok St. They get a pass on their loss because of the plane crash. Bama lost at home, has no offense other than Richardson and no ST. Blackmon vs the Honey Badger? Oh yea!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Ya I rather see Ok. State offense vs LSU defense. I don't need to see another no offense game.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

OSU also won their conference. It would be a big scam if Bama goes ahead of them.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Bama is already ahead of Ok State in the BCS
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Ok St. I would honestly rather watch paint dry than watch LSU/Bama again. (meaning i wouldn't even bother watching it)
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

We all know it's going to be Alabama, but it should be Oklahoma St. They had to play an extra game, and thrashed a top 10 team tonight. Meanwhile, Alabama didn't even win its own conference and sat home this weekend.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I would rather have Okie State since I want to see how LSU's defense would match up with OSU's offense. Just seeing Mathieu cover Blackmon would be more entertaining than anything a Bama-LSU match-up could offer.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

On ESPN they were saying that its pretty much locked up now that it's LSU vs. Alabama.

No offense to those teams. They're both good. But, I'm not sure if I'll be interested enough to watch.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

wheaton4prez wrote:On ESPN they were saying that its pretty much locked up now that it's LSU vs. Alabama.

No offense to those teams. They're both good. But, I'm not sure if I'll be interested enough to watch.
ESPN has been touting this matchup the whole way...they WANT this to happen and it feels like they are encouraging the voters to make it so. The SEC and ESPN have contractual ties too...it makes financial sense for ESPN to promote SEC teams, not Big12 teams (unless it's Texas). Makes me sick.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I wonder though. Won't they probably take a ratings hit by having two teams from the same conference? I would think that a lot of fans from other conferences will skip it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Would love to watch LSU play OSU.... Bama?

I wouldn't turn it on.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm not as resigned to an all SEC NC game as many here are. I think the voters have a lot to think about. Hopefully, enough of them change their minds. I'm pretty sure the computers will like OSU for their strength of schedule.

Anyway, glad for the ducks' sake that some teams ahead of them lost today. I'd love to see Oregon finish Top 5 for the second straight year.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

As I said in the other thread, it is a matter of ESPN deciding on a whim which criteria to decide upon. In past years when an SEC team was on the bubble it was all about the resume, but of course this season Alabama would lose that argument. So what do they do? They bring out the good old eye ball test. The hilarious thing is that Oklahoma State has more than passed the eyeball test for me, so what it really came down to was the name on the jersey. Oklahoma State is not an established power, so they couldn't possibly be better than mighty Alabama. It's a damn shame too, because watching Blackmon and that amazing offense go up against Claiborne and Honey Badger would have been an incredible battle.

Hopefully the voters come out and take a stand against Alabama...but I'm not optimistic....

Going to miss the Maehl Man
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Sagarin's ratings support that LSU and Alabama are 1 and 2.

May very well be the case. Just doesn't make for an interesting match-up on an entertainment level, given that it's a rematch, two teams in the same conference and pretty much the same style of play on both sides.