Given Oklahoma State's win, who gets the NC game?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Re: Given Oklahoma State's win, who gets the NC game?

Post by duckfan96 »

yes they didnt win their conf championship...1 loss to...LSU. OSU lost to Iowa St? I dont think anyone would take the plane crash into consideration either. Either way....it could bring a split championship if LSU loses to either one of those teams...or could it? I dont know if they do that anymore
vagusnerve
Freshman

Post by vagusnerve »

LSU Bama will be a ratings disaster.

Nobody wants to watch those two teams play each other again.

Anyways, Alabama didn't beat one good team this year.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

vagusnerve wrote:LSU Bama will be a ratings disaster.

Nobody wants to watch those two teams play each other again.

Anyways, Alabama didn't beat one good team this year.
I sure won't tune in, yet I would certainly watch LSU-Ok St.

Would it be Ok St.-Stanford if they don't get a spot in the National Championship? That's something I really want to see.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:"If we don’t get in the BCS, I’m not kidding you, if I have the power to do it, I’m gonna have an investigation" -T. Boone Pickens

I kind of want it to be LSU-Bama just because there's a small chance it would bring uproar and possibly change to the system.
I was thinking about this yesterday. I've heard that the money from these games is tax-free because they are universities. Even if it isn't, because of the millions of dollars of money involved and the reliance upon a system (computer polls) that has no way of verifying its accuracy. Not to mention that any credible mathematician will tell you how egregious these formulas are. So T. Boone, you want to go cause havoc on the BCS, go buy a lobbying firm (I would humbly accept the offer from ya T.Boone!) and get congress to inquire about the entire system. There are lots of reasons for Congress to inquire, but the selling point for them would be the fraud behind this. You cannot have a system award this kind of money to teams/conferences without having an accurate, impartial way of doing so. Besides, its not like they wouldn't already have a basis of investigation after the Fiesta Bowl...
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

BCS Guru is predicting LSU/OSU matchup :)

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2011/12/no-rematch.html
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Boom wrote:BCS Guru is predicting LSU/OSU matchup :)

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2011/12/no-rematch.html
I want it just to witness the hillbilly uproar in Bama. Ahhh i can just imagine the amazing forum post and videos being made right now :D
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Everywhere else is reporting Alabama being in. The Tide fans are already celebrating.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Everywhere else is reporting Alabama being in. The Tide fans are already celebrating.
It's confirmed so I there's going to be a large portion of CFB fans who won't be watching the game now. Just shows how much of a bias there is towards the SEC, even though they don't play anybody decent from outside their conference usually.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I hope T-Boone actually follows through and sues the BSCS.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

karlhungis wrote:I hope T-Boone actually follows through and sues the BSCS.
Good for him if he does! I hope it happens and I hope he can bring down the BCS.

Well, count me among those who won't be watching the Championship game this year, Ok St-Stanford is much more interesting.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

There will be lots of us watching something other than the BCS MNCG that day. Last season produced the biggest audience... This seaso may be a complete fail, except for 2 fan bases.

Emphasis on mythical.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:I hope T-Boone actually follows through and sues the BSCS.
Nah, even better and more effective way would be to get Congress involved. Obama already has talked about a playoff system so there would be support to put an investigation forward on the BCS because of all the tax-free money that the teams get. Add in the corruption from the Fiesta Bowl committee last year and someone with his resources could certainly make it happen. In Oklahoma you have Tom Coburn as one senator who happens to be on the Finance committee and James Inhofe as well as any number of lobbying firms to get it going. Well, at least that's what I'd do with his resources if I wanted to actually change it.