Make Ok. State #2 in the BCS, please.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Make Ok. State #2 in the BCS, please.

Post by Duck07 »

I really hope it works out that way and the more I think about that loss to Iowa State, they played it immediately after a tragic accident. That plane lands safely and we don't have this discussion. While that might not sway everybody, winning your conference has to mean something. The SEC loves to talk about how important winning the SECCG is. If you put Bama in and they somehow win (I'm opposed to a rematch because LSU's offense in New Orleans will look nothing like it did in Tuscaloosa, in a bad bad way for UA) so much for that.

As for who presents a serious threat to actually beating LSU, I think the team that gave them the biggest scare on defense was us. Granted, it was a poor game by our standards because of how well they played, but we still did move the ball and score some points before it was in hand. We all know the TO story and the reason why I like Ok St's offense in a game would be because they have a much better passing game than we do. Plus, I would love to see Blackmon go up against the LSU secondary. I also believe that because Alabama started the year with high perceptions, there is no fair way to even compare the two teams.

I don't think anybody is going to beat LSU so I'd at least rather see a new game.
greenyellow

Re: Make Ok. State #2 in the BCS, please.

Post by greenyellow »

The BCS will have Bama in at #2. Match-up because there's no real reason for most of the country to watch a regional match-up playing in their own region.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Maybe I just have no heart, but I don't really think the football team was all that affected by the death of the women's BBall coach and his assistant.

Having said that, I'd rather see OSU-LSU than Bama-LSU.
I'm not sure either, but I'm still going to argue the point ;)
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

The funny thing is that Oklahoma State actually has the better resume in terms of quality wins, but of course that will be completely disregarded by the BCS & the pollsters. When ESPN decides they want something, they find a way to justify it. When Florida went to the title game instead of Michigan(which was the right call) in whatever year that was, they said look at the resume. This time around they are using the "eye-ball test," it is truly hilarious how stupid some of these people are...

If Oklahoma State was a traditional power then I would venture to guess that they would be going to the title game...

Going to miss the Maehl Man
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

IMO an SEC matchup in the BCS championship is just totally wrong. ESPN has pushed this forward.. fine, perhaps a national boycott of viewers for the game will show them it is a bad decision. They can pat themselves on the back afterwards about how great the ratings are in the SE, while the rest of nations watches reality tv.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greydrake wrote:IMO an SEC matchup in the BCS championship is just totally wrong. ESPN has pushed this forward.. fine, perhaps a national boycott of viewers for the game will show them it is a bad decision. They can pat themselves on the back afterwards about how great the ratings are in the SE, while the rest of nations watches reality tv.
Well, its one of the few ways you could make a serious impact on the bcs. The problem is, finding that many people who would actually be willing to boycott the game. Heck, watch it on a stream so they don't get any ratings for it, either way, if the LSU-UA game came back with crap ratings, the networks could no longer ignore it.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Give the people what they want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

desertfan wrote:Give the people what they want.
Well, clearly this is just more evidence of how good Alabama is. See how nobody wants to play Alabama for the mNC?
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

I honestly hope that if it ends up being LSU/Bama that it is the lowest televised NC game in recent memory.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I was so excited at the time, when OK ST lost to Iowa State. Now, not so much...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I was so excited at the time, when OK ST lost to Iowa State. Now, not so much...
Yea, I feel you on that one. However, I feel like they should get somewhat of a pass on that because of the plane crash and because of their high amount of quality wins. Just give us an 8-team playoff already (6 AQ champs, 2 at-large) and keep all the small, crappy bowls for the small, crappy teams. You didn't make it into the Elite 8, that's okay, you still get a nice finish to your season by playing in the Holiday Bowl.
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

Well the computers got it right, remarkably. They liked OSU #2, so it was the USA poll that created this matchup. Agreed with the sentiment from above about this being one more nail in the BCS coffin-hopefully.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

No disrespect to Bud Lee's team, but I am not going to be watching the rematch. LSU is going to win so I'm okay with just handing them the trophy right now. :D
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

nehalem wrote:Well the computers got it right, remarkably. They liked OSU #2, so it was the USA poll that created this matchup. Agreed with the sentiment from above about this being one more nail in the BCS coffin-hopefully.
Would that be the same computers that randomly had Baylor, Oklahoma, Mich, BSU, South Carolina, and Kansas State above the ducks??? I feel better now in the accuracy of their input. ;)
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

duck55 wrote:
nehalem wrote:Well the computers got it right, remarkably. They liked OSU #2, so it was the USA poll that created this matchup. Agreed with the sentiment from above about this being one more nail in the BCS coffin-hopefully.
Would that be the same computers that randomly had Baylor, Oklahoma, Mich, BSU, South Carolina, and Kansas State above the ducks??? I feel better now in the accuracy of their input. ;)
Yeah, should have known better than to say anything positive about the BCS computers. Talk about a target rich envirnoment.