New forum Amendment

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

New forum Amendment

Post by Duck07 »

Any discussion of LSU-UA shall herein be known as the SEC West Championship Game (SECWCG).

In other related discussions, does anyone know the best way we can organize to get more people on the idea to boycott the secwcg? Perhaps starting a webpage with a declaration to change the Big Crock of Stew and institute a small playoff and new, verifiable computer rankings. Get people to agree to not watch the game or buy the sponsor products so at least there is something out there to make our ire mean something more and force the powers that be to change things. I don't expect it to be a Goliath type takedown but even if it drew attention, and heck, with T. Boone's declaration, we could find support for him. Lest we not forget that had we not laid an egg against USC, we too would have been left out. Just like getting left out in 2001. This system needs changing and the time is ripe.
Last edited by Duck07 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madrone
One Star Recruit

Re: New forum Amendment

Post by Madrone »

I was coming on to this forum tonight for the specific purpose of proposing a boycott of the SECWCG. I think this is a good idea, and I will be turning off my TV on January 9.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I’ll be watching it with a big smile on my face (assuming we win) but y’all do what you want :D
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

I'll play along and not watch, but not solely because I support the cause. I'm just not interested in watching more FG's (made and missed). Yawn.

Got a couple of issues with the matchup too:

1. If LSU wins, so what? They already beat this Alabama team in BAMA's house. Now they get them in New Orleans. This isn't very compelling, and IMO, LSU deserves more considering they look to be the best team in years.

2. If Bama somehow pulls it out, is it fair that they got two cracks at LSU, especially after having lost late in the season at home? Hardly. I'll have a hard time thinking of them as the NC if they do indeed win...and I'll throw up in my mouth a little.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I see no way, even had Oregon beaten USC handily, that they would have passed Bama.

This thing was etched in stone weeks ago.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I called it about week 4 or 5. Nothing was going to stand in the way of it.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I think that those teams are legitimately the top two and should play. So, I'm not boycotting. But, to be honest, it's just not an interesting game to me. Depends on how that day goes. But, I'll probably pass on it.

On that subject, the entire line-up of bowl games is pretty disappointing, imo. I want to see my team, naturally. But, after that it's Stanford vs. Ok State and Michigan vs. V Tech (only because my in laws are from V Tech land).
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think that those teams are legitimately the top two and should play. So, I'm not boycotting. But, to be honest, it's just not an interesting game to me. Depends on how that day goes. But, I'll probably pass on it.

On that subject, the entire line-up of bowl games is pretty disappointing, imo. I want to see my team, naturally. But, after that it's Stanford vs. Ok State and Michigan vs. V Tech (only because my in laws are from V Tech land).
I would much have rather seen LSU/OSU & Bama/Standford
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Yeah. Even my VT in laws readily admit that they shouldn't have made that bowl. But, they're going to enjoy the party anyway. :)
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I dont mind this matchup...while it may not be the most exciting game...it does feature the two best teams out there. I asked this earlier, but what if Alabama wins? Do they still have split champions? That would suck. VT and Michigan should not be in BCS games IMO
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I really wanted OSU…especially after he said that a game against them would be a “36 – 39 point game.” HA….like they would put up 30+ on us this year.

I keep struggling with this myself. I feel that it kind of cheapens the championship for us, which is very unfair considering that we are undisputedly the number one team in the nation. If we beat them then it is, “oh…they won again” if we lose to them I have to listen to the gumps for YEARS about it.

I will say this though…don’t expect another field goal only matchup. That game, at least on our side of the ball, was played very conservative. Les seems to break out the big plays in situations like this. My prediction is LSU 24 – Bama 14.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

No offense Bud...but you must deal with more bama fans than I do. Cause for the most part..most of the ones I am around are pretty cool. IMO the Auburn fans from last year rivaled the UW fans I had to deal with before moving to TN. Not the Auburn fans that came in here...the ones I dealt with at work.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bud, I just don't get why you guys go with Jefferson? I don't follow your games, but what I saw on Saturday from him was so bad I don't even know how to sugar coat it. Zero first downs in a whole half and his totals for the game were:

Passing yards 30
att - comp 5 -13
Yards per pass 2.3

Georgia is a team that Moore of BSU chewed up. Is Jefferson regressing? I understand you are a defensive squad, but seriously? I'd play Lee in a heartbeat.
Last edited by UofDuck on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

No offense Bud...but you must deal with more bama fans than I do. Cause for the most part..most of the ones I am around are pretty cool.

Just like all fan bases you have the good ones and you have the bad ones….Bama fans for the most part are good peeps…but you have a large sector of them that are assholes! With that said I am friends with a few and I am bias I suppose since that is one of our biggest rivalries.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UofDuck wrote:Bud, I just don't get why you guys go with Jefferson? I don't follow your games, but what I saw on Saturday from him was so bad I don't even know how to sugar coat it. Zero first downs in a whole half and his totals for the game were:

Passing yards 30
att - comp 5 -13
Yards per pass 2.3

That is a team that Moore of BSU chewed up. Is Jefferson regressing? I understand you are a defensive squad, but seriously? I'd play Lee in a heartbeat.

I don’t get it either…the thing is there are A LOT of rumors right now about the situation. It started with people saying that he was sat after the Bama game because he skipped some classes. Now it has evolved to Lee will be academically ineligible for the bowl game, and that is why JJ is getting all the snaps. You know…so he can get as many reps as possible before the NCG.

I don’t know what is going on…all I know is that Les has a habit of playing the hottest hand at all positions. The fact that we didn’t see Lee come in as JJ was struggling tells me that Lee is in the dog house over something.

A part of me hopes that this it is all a diabolical plan by Less Miles to trick Bama to preparing for JJ and the option alone and not for Lee and the passing game and then Lee gets the start and throws up bombs the whole first half in a shock and awe campaign of massive football proportions!