New forum Amendment

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: New forum Amendment

Post by bellsduck »

AutzenMember wrote:I'll play along and not watch, but not solely because I support the cause. I'm just not interested in watching more FG's (made and missed). Yawn.

Got a couple of issues with the matchup too:

1. If LSU wins, so what? They already beat this Alabama team in BAMA's house. Now they get them in New Orleans. This isn't very compelling, and IMO, LSU deserves more considering they look to be the best team in years.

2. If Bama somehow pulls it out, is it fair that they got two cracks at LSU, especially after having lost late in the season at home? Hardly. I'll have a hard time thinking of them as the NC if they do indeed win...and I'll throw up in my mouth a little.
Ditto here. Okie State deserved it. The bottom half of the SEC was atrocious this year. Not many quality wins for Alabama, especially if you compare to OKSt.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bud Lee wrote:
UofDuck wrote:Bud, I just don't get why you guys go with Jefferson? I don't follow your games, but what I saw on Saturday from him was so bad I don't even know how to sugar coat it. Zero first downs in a whole half and his totals for the game were:

Passing yards 30
att - comp 5 -13
Yards per pass 2.3

Georgia is a team that Moore of BSU chewed up. Is Jefferson regressing? I understand you are a defensive squad, but seriously? I'd play Lee in a heartbeat.

I don’t get it either…the thing is there are A LOT of rumors right now about the situation. It started with people saying that he was sat after the Bama game because he skipped some classes. Now it has evolved to Lee will be academically ineligible for the bowl game, and that is why JJ is getting all the snaps. You know…so he can get as many reps as possible before the NCG.

I don’t know what is going on…all I know is that Les has a habit of playing the hottest hand at all positions. The fact that we didn’t see Lee come in as JJ was struggling tells me that Lee is in the dog house over something.

A part of me hopes that this it is all a diabolical plan by Less Miles to trick Bama to preparing for JJ and the option alone and not for Lee and the passing game and then Lee gets the start and throws up bombs the whole first half in a shock and awe campaign of massive football proportions!
That might be the answer. Otherwise, seems a bit odd.

PS, please beat Bama for ALL of us.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Ok St might be the game that people all want to see, but Im not sure they deserve it more than any of the other one loss teams? They lost to Iowa St, nuff said.

Yes, the system is flawed, but it did what it was supposed to do IMO. LSU is an obvious choice and Bama has a the "best loss" out of the one loss teams, cant really argue IMO.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Madrone
One Star Recruit

Post by Madrone »

IMO the problem is that nobody can be sure that this game is the best match up because the system is unfair and hyper-selective. By boycotting the game a person boycotts the system.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

uodux1212 wrote:Ok St might be the game that people all want to see, but Im not sure they deserve it more than any of the other one loss teams? They lost to Iowa St, nuff said.

Yes, the system is flawed, but it did what it was supposed to do IMO. LSU is an obvious choice and Bama has a the "best loss" out of the one loss teams, cant really argue IMO.
You can make a very serious argument that Bama's schedule was as difficult as Stanford's. Seriously. Go look at the two (I posted it here, forgot the thread title, ha!) and you'll end up saying, is Bama really that good? Giving up over 300 rushing yards at home to Georgia Southern?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Things to do besides watching the SEC in the NCG.
1) watch paint dry
2) popping bubble wrap
3) listening to the wife talk about her trip to the hair dresser.
4) For those in small community's watching the only traffic signal change.
5) watching a cattle crossing when no cattle drive going
6) taking the wife to her hair dresser appointment.
all these may just be more fun then the NCG will be. Feel free to add more.
now i hope LSU wins i just don't want to watch it.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Duck07 wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:Ok St might be the game that people all want to see, but Im not sure they deserve it more than any of the other one loss teams? They lost to Iowa St, nuff said.

You can make a very serious argument that Bama's schedule was as difficult as Stanford's. Seriously. Go look at the two (I posted it here, forgot the thread title, ha!) and you'll end up saying, is Bama really that good? Giving up over 300 rushing yards at home to Georgia Southern?
Yeah, their schedule was pretty average, but since when does that matter in the BCS?!? Haha... Im looking at you BSU. But seriously, our schedule last year was pretty pathetic too and we got in.

I just cant get over OSU's loss to IS... had they beaten them they'd be in... the system is definitely flawed.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think that those teams are legitimately the top two and should play. So, I'm not boycotting. But, to be honest, it's just not an interesting game to me. Depends on how that day goes. But, I'll probably pass on it.

On that subject, the entire line-up of bowl games is pretty disappointing, imo. I want to see my team, naturally. But, after that it's Stanford vs. Ok State and Michigan vs. V Tech (only because my in laws are from V Tech land).
If MSU plays against Georgia the way they did against the Badgers, that could be a good game. Although didn't MSU suck on the road this year?
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

duckfan22 wrote:Things to do besides watching the SEC in the NCG.
1) watch paint dry
2) popping bubble wrap
7) schedule that root canal
8) go to the neighbor kids piano recital
9) defrost the freezer
10) clean the garage
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

duck55 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:Things to do besides watching the SEC in the NCG.
1) watch paint dry
2) popping bubble wrap
7) schedule that root canal
8) go to the neighbor kids piano recital
9) defrost the freezer
10) clean the garage
:lol: