Oregon @ Oregon State (Sunday)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State (Sunday)

Post by uostudent »

Not big into the rivalry, especially since I don't think OSU is a very good team (Robinson is a horrible coach) - but Oregon needed to win out. The game against Colorado will be tough, but they aren't a great road team.

Sim was on fire. Really stepped up. Why do OSU fans hate him so much other than the fact that he plays for Oregon? Did he say something about their program?

Olu had a big game too. Good to see Joseph get it going late.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

uostudent wrote:Not big into the rivalry, especially since I don't think OSU is a very good team (Robinson is a horrible coach) - but Oregon needed to win out. The game against Colorado will be tough, but they aren't a great road team.

Sim was on fire. Really stepped up. Why do OSU fans hate him so much other than the fact that he plays for Oregon? Did he say something about their program?

They were mad that Sim drew the technical foul on Cunningham, pretty dumb to be honest.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

uostudent wrote:Not big into the rivalry, especially since I don't think OSU is a very good team (Robinson is a horrible coach) - but Oregon needed to win out. The game against Colorado will be tough, but they aren't a great road team.

I think it has to do with the fact his entire family went to OS and he chose UO over them.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

jay john didn't offer sim, i don't think.

i thought the boos were entirely drawn from the double technical fouls. what i want to know is why the hell was that oregon state coach in the polo in sim's face prior to the elbow and shove? it's one thing for two players to get into it, but craig robinson needs to get control of his assistants.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Refs were pretty terrible today btw... Pac-12 refs are worse then my rec basketball league referees.

Key win for the Ducks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Refs were pretty terrible today btw... Pac-12 refs are worse then my rec basketball league referees.

Key win for the Ducks.
I don't know if this is true, but some of my Beaver friends told me it was the same officiating crew that was at our game at Colorado.

I kind of felt bad for the Beaver fans that I went to the game with. As we walked back to their house, they were just explaining away how Oregon isn't good etc. They don't have much to be happy about with regards to sports these days..lol

Going to miss the Maehl Man
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Refs were pretty terrible today btw... Pac-12 refs are worse then my rec basketball league referees.

Key win for the Ducks.
I don't know if this is true, but some of my Beaver friends told me it was the same officiating crew that was at our game at Colorado.

I kind of felt bad for the Beaver fans that I went to the game with. As we walked back to their house, they were just explaining away how Oregon isn't good etc. They don't have much to be happy about with regards to sports these days..lol
Yeah, but if Oregon "isnt that good"......what are the Beavis's?
Oh yeah, "Losers"......It's gotta be tough, from their viewpoint......But, it's a free country and let's face it, their choice to love the wrong team....And the Ducks Move On.......
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

buckmarkduck wrote:

I think it has to do with the fact his entire family went to OS and he chose UO over them.
I read that OSU didn't offer him, didn't believe he had the talent to play at this level.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Sim didn't need to "rub" the elbow on Cunningham, but it's hard to say what he was hearing in that group. Gotta think ref heard something or else Cunningham wouldn't have gotten the technical too.

That game was way too physical from my point of view. The refs let it get out of hand and they suck to boot. They wouldn't be able to tell a flop from a layup if their lives depended on it.

Glad the Ducks got the win! I was on pins & needles for this game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

RanDux wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I read that OSU didn't offer him, didn't believe he had the talent to play at this level.
That's the jealous beavis fans line of thinking anyways. He committed very early on to Cal so OS didn't offer, but when the HC was fired he de committed and only considered UO and Cal. Monty thought he was good enough for the Pac 10, I'm sure if Jay John thought he had a shot he would have offered.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Sim didn't need to "rub" the elbow on Cunningham, but it's hard to say what he was hearing in that group. Gotta think ref heard something or else Cunningham wouldn't have gotten the technical too.

That game was way too physical from my point of view. The refs let it get out of hand and they suck to boot. They wouldn't be able to tell a flop from a layup if their lives depended on it.

Glad the Ducks got the win! I was on pins & needles for this game.
The Beavers have been in the faces of many teams this season....Chests pumped out and very close, unwilling to move....Very provocative.....And a few skirmishes have resulted....Not a clean team, that is for sure....One game, Nelson literally slammed an opposing player down onto the floor, after picking him up....Should have been tossed, but didnt even get a foul....I am thinking the OSU squad is getting anxious about their standing in the conference and Robinson doesnt have adequate control over them.....If he doesnt start winning, his days are numbered, imo....
Ducks1
Three Star Recruit

Post by Ducks1 »

Lol call them dirty when Sim putting his elbow right into cunninghams jaw. Must have looked clean through the green colored glasses.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks1 wrote:Lol call them dirty when Sim putting his elbow right into cunninghams jaw. Must have looked clean through the green colored glasses.
It's not like he was trying to hit anybody with malice. He stuck his arms up to show the refs that he wasn't going to throw a punch or shove anyone. It just so happened that the Beavs had surrounded him with their huddle and he accidentally hit Cunningham. I doubt any technicals would have been called had Cunningham not given Sim a little shove in the back.
Ducks1
Three Star Recruit

Post by Ducks1 »

Not quite sold that was an accident lol. Did you see the replay? Either way good game solid win.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
RanDux wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

That's the jealous beavis fans line of thinking anyways. He committed very early on to Cal so OS didn't offer, but when the HC was fired he de committed and only considered UO and Cal. Monty thought he was good enough for the Pac 10, I'm sure if Jay John thought he had a shot he would have offered.
Garrett Sim couldn't wait to be a Beaver.

Yep, you read that right. The Ducks' senior point guard, the one who has become almost automatic from the free-throw line and whose heady play has helped push Oregon to a first-place tie in the Pac-12 Conference, grew up rooting for the orange and black.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... _an_o.html