Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Updated Bracketology

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

3 Pac-12 teams in currently: Arizona, Washington, and Cal. Oregon is one of the first four teams out though. Beating the Beavers would put us back in the picture. Then a home series to finish the season off. Oregon really has set themselves up for an NCAA appearence IMO. Winning 4 games in a row (3 reg season + 1 pac-12 game) should be a solid resume and a tourney birth.

#55 RPI http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/polls?poll=5

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Re: Updated Bracketology

Post by frogsnouts »

If we win out and beat Colorado for third place in the Pac I bet we get in.
That would get us a first round bye, and I say we win at least 1 Pac 12 Tourney game. That puts us in a pretty decent spot to make it into the NCAA.

Win out and win two games in the Pac 12 tournament and we get in for sure.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Just the thought of making the tournament is nice. Makes following college basketball even more exciting this time of the year. And why should Arizona be in over Oregon? Just because of their name? Plus, we beat them.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

duckgrad99 wrote:Just the thought of making the tournament is nice. Makes following college basketball even more exciting this time of the year. And why should Arizona be in over Oregon? Just because of their name? Plus, we beat them.
Yeah, I agree about the Arizona part. We also have a better RPI, so this is a battle of Arizona being a name-brand in college bball. I remember a few years ago when ASU swept Arizona and had a better conference record, but Arizona got into the tourney over them...

Going to miss the Maehl Man
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Just staring at the rankings a little more, I think Colorado, Oregon and California could end up in a three way tie for second (which would put us third in the tourney). I think Washington ends up winning the Pac, Cal losses 2 of their last 3, and Oregon beats Colorado to take third place.

That late game call against Colorado, along with our flat play against OSU and Cal were major factors in pushing us back in the race. Had we won the games we should have won we might be winning the Pac 12 right now.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Back during the Kamikaze Kid era, when the NCAA expanded the Madness to allow 2 entries per conference, Oregon finished 2nd, including at least 1 victory over the eventual conference champ (UCLA, IIRC.), and got left out of the Dance.

Tradition my adze.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we probably should be in over arizona, but they also have a better win (@ cal) than we have. i'm too lazy to look it up, but that's one top 50 win to our zero.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:we probably should be in over arizona, but they also have a better win (@ cal) than we have. i'm too lazy to look it up, but that's one top 50 win to our zero.

Really makes you wish we could have pulled off a win over colorado or cali. That would be the difference.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

4 projected 11 and 12 seed teams play tonight:
#9 Georgetown at Seton Hall
#11 Michigan at Northwestern
#7 UNC @ NC State
Miami (FL) @ Maryland

Also Colorado State is playing, and they are a first four or next four team out right now. #16 New Mexico is visiting.

Would be nice if all of them lost.

Eksynyt
Two Star Recruit

Post by Eksynyt »

Welp, Seton Hall is going to beat Georgetown, and we need to hope for UNC to beat NC State, now. Miami is beating Maryland at the half. Kansas State beat Missouri, so they'll pretty much be a lock now. Ohio State is blowing out Illinois, so that's good. Also, Xavier is losing to UMass with only a minute to go, also good.

Sadly, Northwestern is beating Michigan at halftime. Though it would be funny to see NW get into the dance because then Beavis would have the longest drought for BCS teams.

We also have to hope for a minimal amount of upsets in the conference tournaments. So teams like Murray State must win the OVC tourney.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Michigan is getting hot in OT. Up by 9 with about 2 minutes left.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

3 out of 4 lost. Not bad. Colorado State just started. If Ducks beat the Beavers Sunday, I think we sneak into Lunardi's bracket.

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Northwestern still in after their loss today? If they get into the tourny, it will be almost as bad as the bcs. Sorry, but 6-9 in conference, 16-11 overall and in like 7th place in the conference shouldn't even be close to consideration.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Today's games:

West Virginia 17-10 @ #20 Notre Dame (10 seed)
South Florida 17-10 @ #2 Syracuse (First Four Out)
#8 Michigan State @ Minnesota 17-10 (Next Four Out)
Nebraska @ Purdue 17-10 (10 seed)
VCU 23-6 @ N.C. Wilmington (Next Four Out)
Richmond @ St. Joseph's 18-10 (Next Four Out)
Georgia @ LSU 16-10 (Next Four Out)
UCF 19-7 @ Rice (First Four Out)
UCSB @ Long Beach State 19-7 (11 seed)

Teams on the Bubble are bolded.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Virginia Commonwealth won the CBI 2 seasons ago, and was almost the ultimate "Cinderella" last season, with an appearance in the 2011 Final 4 (They lost to Butler)... The Ducks should be so lucky.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!