Oregon @ Vanderbilt (Ducks win series 3-0)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Vanderbilt (3 game series)

Post by oregontrack »

this team blows me away. i wasn't just being pessimistic or purposely keeping expectations low when i said early in this thread that we shouldn't be upset if we go 1-3 (or 0-4) this weekend, this is a MAJOR achievement we've just pulled off. since rebirth we've swept fresno state, nevada, and east tennessee state (2010), and byu, san diego, and oregon state (2011). outside of perhaps oregon state last year, we've never swept anybody with the kind of talent vandy has. to do that with our overall youth and inexperience, and playing the back end of a very long road trip, is extraordinary.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Coastal Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by Coastal Duck »

cordy02c wrote:no prob evidently I don't update as often as you and people get upset but oh well
Not "upset," just Jonesin' for as much info as we can get - thx for willingness to help those of us that are media-challenged. :D
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

no prob
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Great job, boys!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

final nashville trip thoughts:

3.5 runs/per given up this weekend. that's fantastic for such a young crew. the bullpen carried the load thursday, keudell and reed were on their games, and tessar gave up 2 earned in 5. that ain't bad. sherfy picked up his first two career saves. he was wild today, but delivered the pitches he had to.

offense continued its explosion thursday against belmont, and battled all weekend against vandy. you just aren't going to do what you did to hawaii against vandy, but we got to their bullpen all three games and had no trouble playing from behind. healy was really on his game. heineman continued to impress. my favorite line-up is with jones behind the plate and thomas in the outfield.

bullpen looks good with sherfy, housey, and thorpe. i don't believe any of the three have given up a run yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage
jsfduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jsfduck »

whoot!!!!!! nice win, nice series!!!!!!!!!

wow fun to see how expectations were low (which I thnk they purposely wanted and tried for) all of which took the pressure off, secretly they new they were going to be good right? lol.

anyway great job Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Can't believe we swept Vandy. Great start to the season!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon @ Vanderbilt (Ducks win series 2-0)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

A sweep?? WOW, great series Oregon!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: Oregon @ Vanderbilt (Ducks win series 2-0)

Post by TheMaehlMan »

What a series, I never expected us to sweep. The Ducks clearly have a good baseball team, and by playing quality teams on the road it should prepare us well for Pac-12 play. Anyone excited about the home opener coming up? I sure am!

Going to miss the Maehl Man
OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Vanderbilt (Ducks win series 3-0)

Post by OreDucks01284 »

man, think abt it...how good Oregon is if few players choose to sign or stay with Oregon instead of signing with MLB
greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ Vanderbilt (Ducks win series 3-0)

Post by greenyellow »

OreDucks01284 wrote:man, think abt it...how good Oregon is if few players choose to sign or stay with Oregon instead of signing with MLB
The team would just be rediculous had they kept even half of what they've lost to the pros.