Colorado @ Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Re: Colorado @ Oregon

Post by neezy3 »

Big win, beat Utah and we're the #3 seed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yay!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

QUACK!!!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Nice win - just hope the team doesn't overlook Colorado (I doubt they will).

This is a special group of seniors.

Great job by Nared late on the defensive end and knocking down free throws.

Sim and Joseph were huge. Every time it looked like Colorado was going to make a big run, one of these two hit a big shot.

This team has a lot of composure. You can tell that they are a veteran team.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

I feel like we can overlook Colorado now, at least until the conference tourney. Probably better to focus on Utah. ;)
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Colorado's offense is not this good. If they continue to shoot 60+ percent and score another 41 points in the second half, Oregon likely loses.
job well done...they only got 40 and didnt shoot 60%
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Great job by the team tonight. Big clutch ft's by Nared and Emory I believe and 3 three point plays and a 3 pointer, nice to see the role players come up big.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Joseph has had a great year for Oregon. It's a shame that we only had him for this season. Sim shot the ball as well as I have seen him shoot the ball in probably his 4 year career. It's been a pleasure watching Oregon basketball this season.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Went to game last night. What a difference a half makes. They didn't seem to be
in to the game in the first half. But came out in the 2nd and played very well.
Colorado is going to shoot 60% when you give them lay ins all game. Right down the
middle. I thought tho Oregon ramped up its D in the 2nd. Great win now take care
of Utah.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This team is playing its best basketball at the right time of the year. I don't see this team over-looking Utah and with that 1st round bye, we've got just as good a shot at winning the P12 Tourney as any other favorite does. While the first half was sloppy, it was also a classic example of when the other team just makes shots so keep working hard and it will all work out.

Any guesses who makes the All-P12 team at the various levels?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:i am positive emory printed out TK's "worst player ever" post and stared at it for an hour each night before he went to bed, and likely still does. love him.
lol I honestly believe that. You have to admit, his first couple months here were pretty awful. I guess I would expect that from an incoming freshman, but as a JC I expected more.

But now, he's hitting 3s, rebounding, hitting FTs, dude has become an absolute force. He has been a BIG addition for us. The difference between a few wins/losses.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Do you guys think Emory will start at SG for us next year?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i am positive emory printed out TK's "worst player ever" post and stared at it for an hour each night before he went to bed, and likely still does. love him.
lol I honestly believe that. You have to admit, his first couple months here were pretty awful. I guess I would expect that from an incoming freshman, but as a JC I expected more.

But now, he's hitting 3s, rebounding, hitting FTs, dude has become an absolute force. He has been a BIG addition for us. The difference between a few wins/losses.

How could you not expect a adjusting period? JC guys don't play against great competition, in fact some of them play less D1 talent than HS kids. That's why you see a strong trend of JC guys RS at UO in football, they have talent but it's still a big jump up in competition on the field.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

How could you not expect a adjusting period? JC guys don't play against great competition, in fact some of them play less D1 talent than HS kids. That's why you see a strong trend of JC guys RS at UO in football, they have talent but it's still a big jump up in competition on the field.
I never said I didn't expect an adjustment period, however, Nared transitioned fairly easily. While he's not a stud, he's always been a decent contributor off the bench. Same goes with most JC players I can think off. Jacob was solid his first year after transferring, although the last couple years with injuries, he's been struggling.

Football is substantially different than basketball IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Phenom wrote:Do you guys think Emory will start at SG for us next year?
matt prehm had a pretty long post over at duck territory where he's been told that emory will probably start at the 3, singler the 4 next year. sounds about right to me, i would expect both to play about 35-38 minutes a game.
ImageImageImageImageImage