Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon has a top 50 win!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/polls?poll=5

We really need Washington to keep winning. Having a top 50 win looks a lot better than a big ole '0'. And if we beat Colorado today, that'll add another W to our top 100 column. And if Stanford can sneak back into the top 100, we would be 1-6 top 50 and 3-1 in top 100. With a top 50 RPI. Not bad!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Oregon has a top 50 win!

Post by SuperDuck »

Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the Ducks do well, there's a part of me that would prefer to see them go to the NIT. If they do make the NCAA Tourney, odds are they'd end up somewhere between a 10-12 seed. They may win a game, maybe even two, depending on the matchup. Making the Sweet-16 would be awesome!

On the other hand, if they end up in the NIT they'd have an opportunity to play longer, get more postseason experience and maybe even get to host a game or two.

As I said, I'd be glad to see them make the NCAA Tourney, but I think they'd play longer in the NIT.

We'll find out soon.
John 3:36
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

SuperDuck wrote:Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the Ducks do well, there's a part of me that would prefer to see them go to the NIT. If they do make the NCAA Tourney, odds are they'd end up somewhere between a 10-12 seed. They may win a game, maybe even two, depending on the matchup. Making the Sweet-16 would be awesome!

On the other hand, if they end up in the NIT they'd have an opportunity to play longer, get more postseason experience and maybe even get to host a game or two.

As I said, I'd be glad to see them make the NCAA Tourney, but I think they'd play longer in the NIT.

We'll find out soon.
You kidding? I'd love to make the tourney. That'd be awesome, ESPECIALLY if we won a game or two. That would do wonders for our program, more than anything the NIT would.

Plus then I could tell my friends at gonzaga to stfu about how we suck at bball
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A Sweet 16 appearance in Altman's second season, would be incredible.

Never say never, since nobody predicted that the previous CBI champ, VCU, would be a Final 4 team.

I think it is reasonable to think this team, late in the season, can play close to anybody, on a given night.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the Ducks do well, there's a part of me that would prefer to see them go to the NIT. If they do make the NCAA Tourney, odds are they'd end up somewhere between a 10-12 seed. They may win a game, maybe even two, depending on the matchup. Making the Sweet-16 would be awesome!

We'll find out soon.
No one cares about the NIT. You don't go tell recruits how you made it to the final four... of the NIT. Making the NCAA tournament is HUGE. It's why you play your season.

I'm sorry, but if you are more passionate about playing for the NIT, there's an orange and black team down the street.

SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote: No one cares about the NIT. You don't go tell recruits how you made it to the final four... of the NIT. Making the NCAA tournament is HUGE. It's why you play your season.

I'm sorry, but if you are more passionate about playing for the NIT, there's an orange and black team down the street.
Alright, I can live with being outvoted and I'll even go as far as to say "I was wrong", but don't EVER even put me and the "orange and black" guys in the same sentence! I've been a Duck fan longer than you've been alive. Obviously you don't recall our "chat" behind the scenes last year? Since you're a brother in Christ I'll cut ya' some slack. Play nice. ;)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote: No one cares about the NIT. You don't go tell recruits how you made it to the final four... of the NIT. Making the NCAA tournament is HUGE. It's why you play your season.

Alright, I can live with being outvoted and I'll even go as far as to say "I was wrong", but don't EVER even put me and the "orange and black" guys in the same sentence! I've been a Duck fan longer than you've been alive. Obviously you don't recall our "chat" behind the scenes last year? Since you're a brother in Christ I'll cut ya' some slack. Play nice. ;)
Hey now, I never categorized. I said "IF" you are more passionate about playing for the NIT, I'm sure even you could agree OSewe would be ideal. :mrgreen:

No I recall chats, names just slip by me these days, I'm getting old. :/

SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

Hey now, I never categorized. I said "IF" you are more passionate about playing for the NIT, I'm sure even you could agree OSewe would be ideal. :mrgreen:

No I recall chats, names just slip by me these days, I'm getting old. :/
Dude, really? The name is "SuperDuck". Should I spell it? :mrgreen:

:lol:

Just to be clear, where I obviously wasn't earlier, I was just thinking along the lines of getting some of our younger guys some more playing time, if possible. We're gonna get hit hard by graduation and the loss of the two freshman earlier this year will hurt next season. On the other hand, I'm not sure how much playing time they'd get anyway unless a game was a blowout.

I always want the Ducks to do the very best they can, no matter what.

Actually, the Ducks played Vanderbilt tough in Nashville early in the season, so they've shown that they can hang tough with good teams. Also, wasn't that before Devoe Joseph joined the team?

Anyway, first things first. We have to have a sweep this weekend and win at least one, probably two games in the Pac-12 Tourney to have a real shot at the NCAA. It all starts with a tough Colorado team. This is a MUST win!

Go Ducks!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i understand your point, but we really don't have a lot of young guys who would get any playing time in the nit. so i don't think we'd really be building our foundation with an extended nit run.

in my opinion, as a college basketball program you're either a tournament team, or you're not. being able to tell recruits you've taken over a program in shambles and brought it to the tourney by year 2 would benefit us a lot more.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

oregontrack wrote:i understand your point, but we really don't have a lot of young guys who would get any playing time in the nit. so i don't think we'd really be building our foundation with an extended nit run.

in my opinion, as a college basketball program you're either a tournament team, or you're not. being able to tell recruits you've taken over a program in shambles and brought it to the tourney by year 2 would benefit us a lot more.
You're absolutely right. :)