Tony Woods

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Tony Woods

Post by maxduck »

Provocative statement in George Schroeder's blog...

Bright spot: Tony Woods came out of nowhere to score 14 points. On the defensive end he made several huge plays (including four blocks). Where's that guy been? Don't ask that. Ask instead: Will he hang around?
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... tarts-now/

Thoughts?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Tony Woods

Post by oregontrack »

he did play very well. we just need to inform him that it's never okay to take a jumper 10+ feet away from the basket. what an ugly, ugly shot.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duck24
Senior

Tony Woods

Post by Duck24 »

He was awesome last night. I wish he would have played more and we would have fed him more, he was absolutely owning Colorado down low. And yes, it is very very ugly, but it went in consistently.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

If Woods continues to improve his footwork, then he could be a much bigger factor on offense next year. Woods doesn't lack coordination to be a factor on offense, but it often looked like he was moving his feet before processing how he was going to do it this year. Last night he showed more effective footwork in one game than he had all season long, and he kept us afloat at a time when we were in bad shape. We all know that Woods plays great defense, but that would be pretty awesome if he became a complete player.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

maxduck wrote:Provocative statement in George Schroeder's blog...

Bright spot: Tony Woods came out of nowhere to score 14 points. On the defensive end he made several huge plays (including four blocks). Where's that guy been? Don't ask that. Ask instead: Will he hang around?

Thoughts?
Not sure what you are implying, but I take it to mean will this version of Woods hang around not will Woods hang around at UO. I really think Tony can avg 12pts, 10 reb and 4-5 blocks a game next year and be a NBA pick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Main problem with Woods is he drops a lot of routine passes on the block and turns it over. He needs to continue working on his footwork and mainly his hands to be a force the Ducks need down low next year.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'm extremely excited for Woods next year. Remember he took an entire year off of basketball, this was his first time back playing. So to already be that effective almost right away is pretty impressive. Now he has a season under his belt & an off season to just wor work on his game. Dude is going to be a force next year. Especially since we'll have a PG who can open up the lane a bit. Our lack of athleticism on the perimeter made it hard on our posts. They had to work for everything they got down low.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I'm extremely excited for Woods next year. Remember he took an entire year off of basketball, this was his first time back playing. So to already be that effective almost right away is pretty impressive. Now he has a season under his belt & an off season to just wor work on his game. Dude is going to be a force next year. Especially since we'll have a PG who can open up the lane a bit. Our lack of athleticism on the perimeter made it hard on our posts. They had to work for everything they got down low.
Artis will help but Oregon at this point doesn't have any perimeter players that can knock down outside shots like Sim and Joseph. Emory and Singler can hit when they're hot but more often than not, they are getting 15 foot jumpers and putbacks for a majority of their points. If Oregon doesn't have any dependable shooters, then defenses will easily just collapse down and dare Oregon to shoot it.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Well that's where I'm hoping Kingma comes in. Obviously the team isn't going to be perfect next year, we will definitely have holes. But like we saw last night, depending on the 3 can really come back to bite you. I'd rather have guys who can consistently get to the hoop & a guy or 2 like Singler & Kingma who can just keep the D honest.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

maxduck wrote:Provocative statement in George Schroeder's blog...

Thoughts?
Well, I don't think he really has enough eligibility to transfer?

and he still has too much to prove to be drafted in the 1st round.

I guess he could pull a Dunigan and play overseas, but I don't know why anyone would think that would happen.