Arizona State @ Oregon (Ducks sweep series 3-0)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (3 game series)

Post by RanDux »

Whew! Sherfy made that close.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (3 game series)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sick sweep! Much needed for the Ducks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Ducks sweep series 3-0)

Post by oregontrack »

final asu musings:

we are 4-2 against asu at pk park since our rebirth, 0-6 in tempe. baseball doesn't have the home diamond advantage like football or hoops, but the weather has given us a HUGE advantage against the devils. did you see any of the games in person/on tv? asu was wearing masks and jackets, bundled up like it was -30 degrees out. they aren't used to 40 degrees and rain, and it showed. we played like a team that practices in rain every day.

our starting pitching was unreal. there's really nothing more to say than that. i don't think i've ever seen a pac-12 series where we've blown through opposing hitters the way keudell, reed, and tessar did. arizona state came in with a .300+ team batting average. this wasn't a bad hitting team, at all. we were that dominant.

nice to see some power... pk is anything but a hitter's park, but the round-trippers were great to see.

defense was all-around excellent.

i'm not so sure i wouldn't give the dh job back to shaun chase, unless he's hurt. remember shaun chase? he was struggling the last time we saw him, but he did have two home runs and at least three more just-misses/off the wall doubles the first couple weeks of the season. even if it's all-for-nothing with him, that's probably better than what we've been getting from the bottom of our order.
ImageImageImageImageImage