A 4 on the Wonderlic?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

A 4 on the Wonderlic?

Post by maxduck »

Seriously? His academic counselors at LSU must be disappointed, since last year his teammate Patrick Peterson was rumored to score a 9.

LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne reportedly scored a four out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, a basic reasoning and intelligence exam taken by all prospects at the Scouting Combine.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog ... wonderlic-
woundedknees
All-American

Re: A 4 on the Wonderlic?

Post by woundedknees »

It has been reported that one of the questions he missed was, "What are the four seasons?"

Claiborne supposedly answered, "Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day." He then crossed out "Valentine's Day" and wrote in "4th of July".

Can't make this stuff up... Well, you could, but it would make for a pretty lame joke.

Who signed his name on the LOI to LSU? Did he need a crib sheet?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lol, just wow... Is that a record low?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

I'm surprised, he sounded better than a lot of their players during interviews.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

No offense to our LSU posters, but is anyone really surprised by this? We're talking about the SEC. This is the same conference that has produced Nick Fairley, AJ Green, Chris Culliver, etc. Tim Tebow was an academic all american, despite scoring only 890 on the SAT.

Still the wonderlic is pretty meaningless, especially at positions like CB, RB, and WR. I can understand being concerned if a QB, o-line, or MLB scores poorly on the test. I highly doubt that this will affect Claiborne's draft position - the kid is a stud.

I'll add that some kids get test anxiety, but getting only 4 questions right in 12 minutes is pretty ridiculous.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html
Just a potential sampler of what he may have had to do.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

[quote="uostudent"]No offense to our LSU posters, but is anyone really surprised by this? We're talking about the SEC. This is the same conference that has produced Nick Fairley, AJ Green, Chris Culliver, etc. Tim Tebow was an academic all american, despite scoring only 890 on the SAT.

quote]

The SEC has been very lenient about who they let in to their respective schools but also it should be noted that Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana etc have the lowest scores nationally as far as education goes. Mississippi is notoriously bad academically. The SEC schools should not be lauded for letting in some of the guys that they do but also note that there are a lot more guys with the lower grades/scores per capita down there
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

frogsnouts wrote:http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html
Just a potential sampler of what he may have had to do.
:shock: yikes
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Tebow scored a 22, IIRC.

Everybody's favorite Buckeye, Terrelle "TatMe4Free" Pryor, scored a 7. Ryan "Brain Dead" Leaf scored 27... That should be particularly troubling for guys who can't hit double digits.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

woundedknees wrote:It has been reported that one of the questions he missed was, "What are the four seasons?"

Claiborne supposedly answered, "Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day." He then crossed out "Valentine's Day" and wrote in "4th of July".

Can't make this stuff up... Well, you could, but it would make for a pretty lame joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bahahahahahha no....just no. This has to be a joke, right? I refuse to believe it :lol: :lol: :lol:
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

UofO8 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:It has been reported that one of the questions he missed was, "What are the four seasons?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bahahahahahha no....just no. This has to be a joke, right? I refuse to believe it :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could see it being a joke if it were someone like Luck, who is clearly an intelligent person. Claiborne is just...special.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

I took the sample test last yr and got mid 40s. 4 is beyond pathetic

Posted from my Android
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

April's fools?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

A mentally retarded monkey could get at least half of those questions. I fear for our future
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I heard that he may have a learning disability...but I agree a 4 is brutal for a college student but like mentioned above it won't affect him playing DB, dude can play.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!