NBA Free Agency Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Re: NBA Free Agency Thread

Post by uostudent »

I still think Portland will match on Batum. Hard to say what happens with Hibbert. The Pacers met with Chris Kaman recently.
oregontrack wrote:miami is going to waltz to the title next year.
Most likely, unless Dwight Howard is somehow traded to the Lakers.
UOducksTK1 wrote: Is Allen or Crawford a better fit for the Clippers? I wanna believe Crawford had a down year with us, but maybe his game is just on the decline?

Raptors and Mavs are desperately looking for PGs. Raptors might get Lowry, but I really dislike Lowry. IMO Calderon > Lowry.
Allen is a better player but Crawford is a lot better than how he played last season for Portland. Nice pick up for the Clippers.

Calderon is good but Lowry is better. Like Calderon he's a very good point guard but he's also a better defender.

Very excited to see Nash play with the Lakers. Hopefully it means that Kobe will take fewer shots this season.

Sounds like both Dallas and Houston are interested in Aaron Brooks. I hope he ends up with Houston (can't stand Dallas). It would be nice for Oregon basketball recruiting to have a point guard starting in the NBA.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Blazers president Larry Miller resigned today. With all the free agency moves I was wondering who are people's favorite players. My are Lebron, Wade, Dirk, CP, Nash, Ray and Brandon. Kinda still like Vince since he was one of my favorites when he was with Toronto.
Last edited by thomas time on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:miami is going to waltz to the title next year.
Boston will give them hell if healthy

Having Jeff Green back means they can go small and not have Pierce defending Lebron all game.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

According to sources, Miller and Mensah were both opposed to the hiring of GM Neil Olshey at times during the team's search process, which dated back to the firing of Rich Cho in May 2011. Blazers owner Paul Allen's key adviser, Bert Kolde, was the driving force behind the hiring of Olshey in June 2012.

"I lost that one," Miller told a confidante in recent weeks

Olshey said last week they will hire a coach around free agent time so should hear about guys soon, I already saw something about Brian Shaw the other day.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

once my own teams are eliminated, i tend to root for whoever the fans are taking an unnecessary dump on at a given time. i was a huge spur fan when everyone else said they were "too boring to watch", and i was definitely rooting for miami the past two years because i found the anti-lebron movement to be nonsensical. i guess i don't really have favorite individual players in the nba that aren't blazers, pacers, or ex-ducks.

jordan was probably the exception to that rule, just because he was so unique as a player. he destroyed my dreams in '92 and again in '98, but outside of that my teams never ran into him in the playoffs so i was able to somewhat sit back and just enjoy his excellence.
ImageImageImageImageImage
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

My favorite players are LeBron, Deron Williams, and Kevin Love. Damian Lillard soon to be added. :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow Twolves signed Brandon Roy...

And they might steal Batum.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Blazers president Larry Miller resigned today. With all the free agency moves I was wondering who are people's favorite players. My are Lebron, Wade, Dirk, CP, Nash, Ray and Brandon. Kinda still like Vince since he was one of my favorites when he was with Toronto.
What kind of effect does Miller resigning have on FA?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Wow Twolves signed Brandon Roy...

I'm not so sure that will happen. John Hollinger from ESPN is reporting that Minny would have to trade/cut/amnesty up to 5 players to afford them both under the salary cap. Cutting that many would leave them scrambling to fill out the roster with bench scrubs, which is why they are heavily pushing a sign-and-trade with Portland.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/7/7/314 ... g#comments
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

My favorite player is LeBron.

My favorite team was stolen...
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

larry miller's exit can only be good for portland going forward.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Wow Twolves signed Brandon Roy...

I'm not so sure that will happen. John Hollinger from ESPN is reporting that Minny would have to trade/cut/amnesty up to 5 players to afford them both under the salary cap. Cutting that many would leave them scrambling to fill out the roster with bench scrubs, which is why they are heavily pushing a sign-and-trade with Portland.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/7/7/314 ... g#comments
yep. if they really wanted batum, they needed to wait on b-roy, then sign him to a cheaper deal. not sure they needed to rush out and sign him like they did.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

He hasn't signed yet

They will probably wait to see what happens with Batum (hope for a sign and trade)

And then sign Roy
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i apolgize.

they shouldn't have agreed to terms with b-roy so quickly.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Ya I don't think Larry stepping down will have an impact on free agents, it might be a plus for the blazers.