jim mora jr

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

jim mora jr

Post by thegb2001 »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... CQykE1lTYg

as much as i dont like USC this is a really low blow by jim mora jr. He said at least we dont have murders a block from our campus and then claims he wasnt talking about USC and didnt know they had murders in April because he doesnt watch the news.... yeah right. pretty classless. just wait till the season and you play them to make a statement, dont need to get them more fired up to demolish them already.
greenyellow

Re: jim mora jr

Post by greenyellow »

Different UCLA coach, same stupidity.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Different UCLA coach, same stupidity.
Pretty much. Basically, they are still going to suck.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

everything i know about mora i take from his one dreadful season in seattle:

sounds about right. guy puts his foot in his mouth constantly.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

I'm a UCLA fan (pretty much my entire family went there) but this is really lame. I've been encouraged by what Mora has done thus far and the way that he's recruited, but this doesn't really accomplish anything. Everyone here knows that USC is in a bad area and that Westwood is awesome. Mora should be focusing on his football program, which right now, is not in very good shape.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

uostudent wrote:I'm a UCLA fan (pretty much my entire family went there) but this is really lame. I've been encouraged by what Mora has done thus far and the way that he's recruited, but this doesn't really accomplish anything. Everyone here knows that USC is in a bad area and that Westwood is awesome. Mora should be focusing on his football program, which right now, is not in very good shape.

First I don't think this is a big deal and the LA media just wants to create BS between SC and UCLA. He pretty much should shut it, but at the same time he just said water is wet. Yet at the same time it's insensitive and honestly a football coach should talk about what he knows, football, and leave the rest alone. I know your paid way more then you should be and people put you on a pedestal, but your a football coach and that's it.

2nd thing, UCLA isn't in bad shape, in all honesty how many people sat there like me during the Pac 12 title game and counted all the starters for UCLA we would have loved to have gotten coming out of HS. They have a ton of talent, they are just soft IMO.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

buckmarkduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:I'm a UCLA fan (pretty much my entire family went there) but this is really lame. I've been encouraged by what Mora has done thus far and the way that he's recruited, but this doesn't really accomplish anything. Everyone here knows that USC is in a bad area and that Westwood is awesome. Mora should be focusing on his football program, which right now, is not in very good shape.

First I don't think this is a big deal and the LA media just wants to create BS between SC and UCLA. He pretty much should shut it, but at the same time he just said water is wet. Yet at the same time it's insensitive and honestly a football coach should talk about what he knows, football, and leave the rest alone. I know your paid way more then you should be and people put you on a pedestal, but your a football coach and that's it.

2nd thing, UCLA isn't in bad shape, in all honesty how many people sat there like me during the Pac 12 title game and counted all the starters for UCLA we would have loved to have gotten coming out of HS. They have a ton of talent, they are just soft IMO.
they've been 'talented, but soft' for well over a decade now. the administration just isn't committed to winning, and a guy like jim mora jr. isn't going to turn the ship around. it's a mental thing down there, and it won't be put to bed until they make some drastic changes at the administrative level.
ImageImageImageImageImage