WSU @ BYU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

WSU @ BYU

Post by Duck07 »

The Cougars visit the Cougars on Thursday and I'm pretty excited to watch this game. While most give the edge to yBu, I like WSU in this one. I'm interested in watching how the freshman wr Gabe King plays because if he develops into a solid #2, the Cougars should be on their way to a bowl this season. On a side note, I find it a little peculiar that Mike Leach and his wife met while going to school at Byu.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: WSU @ BYU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I feel like if this was in Pullman, wazzu would come out on top. I still think BYU walks away with the win. Should be a good game though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I feel like if this was in Pullman, wazzu would come out on top. I still think BYU walks away with the win. Should be a good game though.
I am still not sold on WSU being solid.

ybu 38-24.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

go cougs!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I love cougars.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

My cat's name is cougar, and he ate a mole yesterday.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Duck07 wrote:I'm interested in watching how the freshman wr Gabe King plays because if he develops into a solid #2, the Cougars should be on their way to a bowl this season.
Gabe Marks you mean? He has certainly been getting hyped up. I agree, will be interesting to watch.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

I say they pull off the upset and start the season 4-0.
Will they go bowling? I'm not so sure, but it would take two wins over OSU/UCLA/CAL/Washington to do it. I expect Utah/Oregon/Stanford/ASU to handle them.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

gogreen55 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I'm interested in watching how the freshman wr Gabe King plays because if he develops into a solid #2, the Cougars should be on their way to a bowl this season.
Gabe Marks you mean? He has certainly been getting hyped up. I agree, will be interesting to watch.
Haha, yea, Gabe King...has he even seen the field for Cal, lol?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Wazzu should be able to light it up through the air, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to contain the pass-heavy Cougars of BYU.

We shall see. Big game for Wazzu and the Pac-12;
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Wazzu should be able to light it up through the air, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to contain the pass-heavy Cougars of BYU.

They have a running qb who can't throw. I think wazzu wins by making byu throw. Riley nelson led usu to their worst season in history. That is hard to do.

Posted from my Android
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

USUaggieDuck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Wazzu should be able to light it up through the air, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to contain the pass-heavy Cougars of BYU.

They have a running qb who can't throw. I think wazzu wins by making byu throw. Riley nelson led usu to their worst season in history. That is hard to do.

Posted from my Android
Probably not a good idea for me to judge a guy based on the 2 games I watched of him (OSU/Hawaii). Didn't realize he was such a sub-par thrower, but BYU has always been known to be pass-heavy and he has some solid options out wide.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
USUaggieDuck wrote:

Posted from my Android
Probably not a good idea for me to judge a guy based on the 2 games I watched of him (OSU/Hawaii). Didn't realize he was such a sub-par thrower, but BYU has always been known to be pass-heavy and he has some solid options out wide.

yeah, byu actually invented the air raid offense. this new qb is like a tebow type guy. he runs people over, but he is smaller. he just kind of scrambles around in the backfield and then launches a jump ball every play. the problem with that plan this year, and last year, is they don't have a good RB. Their 2nd and 3rd options are worse. I wouldn't be surprised if the QB leads the team in rushing.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Does WSU even have a oline? Saying they "should light it up through the air," yet nobody knows if the line is even worth a crap. If you can't block you can't pass, that simple.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I'm thinking of playing Matt Scott instead of Teul in fantasy, what do you guys think?