GM: Boston Celtics GM

Lane or Lame Kiffin?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uostudent
Senior

Re: Lane or Lame Kiffin?

Post by uostudent »

Just saw Kiffin's 30 second press conference....

I've defended him in the past. I thought that he had matured and blamed some of his actions on being in the SEC - succumbing to the pressure of Southern football.

Looks like nothing has changed. Chip isn't exactly the most friendly coach out there, but there's a difference between withholding information and just being a complete d-bag.
Last edited by uostudent on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Read the article. Something tells me this guy was waiting for USC to lose so he could write it.
but there's a difference between withholding information and just being a complete d-bag.
What'd he do this time?
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Braveheart wrote:
but there's a difference between withholding information and just being a complete d-bag.
What'd he do this time?
I'll let you be the judge of that

I'll read the article that TK posted tomorrow.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Braveheart wrote:Read the article. Something tells me this guy was waiting for USC to lose so he could write it.
What'd he do this time?
He ended his post practice press conference in less than 30 seconds when someone asked a question he didn't like (injury related perhaps?) by saying "I gotta go" then pushed through the reporters and literally ran off. It was strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQx8X1Z4dLM
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

AutzenMember wrote:
Braveheart wrote:Read the article. Something tells me this guy was waiting for USC to lose so he could write it.
What'd he do this time?
He ended his post practice press conference in less than 30 seconds when someone asked a question he didn't like (injury related perhaps?) by saying "I gotta go" then pushed through the reporters and literally ran off. It was strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQx8X1Z4dLM
28 seconds, and yes it was a injury related question. They were ripping him on Unite last night, if y'all are not already that is a DVR worthy show.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uostudent wrote:
Braveheart wrote:
What'd he do this time?
I'll let you be the judge of that

I'll read the article that TK posted tomorrow.
Cry Baby Kiffin. Dude, grow up.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

I laughed. It sure is hard to root for the guy sometimes.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Braveheart wrote:I laughed. It sure is hard to root for the guy sometimes.
My guess is that Kiffin isn't going to be at USC for very long.

USC is one of the most attractive jobs in the country. Most coaches would kill to be the head coach at USC. A guy like Charlie Strong would be an excellent hire, but I expect him to be hired by a big time program after this season.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

uostudent wrote:

USC is one of the most attractive jobs in the country. Most coaches would kill to be the head coach at USC. A guy like Charlie Strong would be an excellent hire, but I expect him to be hired by a big time program after this season.
Are you thinking he will get fired or try again in the NFL? I find it hard to believe that after the unmitigated disaster in Oakland, any NFL owners will be chomping at the bit to bring him in. And let's be honest, what job is better the USC?

What Lane has going for him is that he is a great recruiter and has a fairly easy destination to recruit to. Once the scholarship reductions are over and they have a full squad of 85, I think USC will return to the USC previous form. I don't see 7 straight conference championships, or whatever it was, but they will be able to bring in their normal cream of the crop classes and be winning 10 games a season.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

uostudent wrote:

I agree with this. I don't agree with Kiff not being at USC long. Didn't people say the same thing when ASU embarrassed USC last season? I'll let all the games play out first before I say he's fired.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

I personally want Lane to stay as long as possible. I enjoy reveling in his failures and I don't think he's a top tier coach.
BOOF it!
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Braveheart wrote:
uostudent wrote:

I agree with this. I don't agree with Kiff not being at USC long. Didn't people say the same thing when ASU embarrassed USC last season? I'll let all the games play out first before I say he's fired.
I'm actually not overreacting to this one loss. I fully expect USC to win out the rest of the way until the Pac 12 championship.

The question is, how will USC do 2-3 years from now?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

uostudent wrote:
Braveheart wrote:
uostudent wrote:

I'm actually not overreacting to this one loss. I fully expect USC to win out the rest of the way until the Pac 12 championship.

The question is, how will USC do 2-3 years from now?
One would think that with the full allotment of 85 scholarships, they'd be just as good, if not better. Next year will be a real test for Kiffin.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Say what you want about his in game adjustments but what is proven is that Lane is a great recruiter and USC is a lock for top 5 recruiting classes every year. It's hard to mess up when you have that much talent. I think he'll be there for a long time