Lame is at it again

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Lame is at it again

Post by Duck07 »

Not only did he try and get his players to think they were playing Alabama last week, it also turns out he so desperately wanted to make a 2pt conversion against the Tide...er, Buffs that he had the backup QB wear the punters # after the game started. :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... more-21315
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/u ... 6845.story
maxduck
Senior

Re: Lame is at it again

Post by maxduck »

The guy really is a piece of work. Will be interesting to see what Braveheart thinks of this.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

maxduck wrote:The guy really is a piece of work. Will be interesting to see what Braveheart thinks of this.
It's just the usual Lane shenanigans (switching Kessler's number on the extra point), and I didn't notice it until the story after the game. It's probably something he's trying to get ready for UO , but on a larger scale. As for the Alabama thing, I don't mind it. I see what he's trying to do, but I doubt anybody was geeked up like they'd be playing the no.1 team.

Overall, I'm pretty ambivalent to it all.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Why would you need to deceive a team that you are stomping the crap out of?

With that said, Les in the past has made his punters wear the same number, that way the receiving team wouldn't know if it was the pooch punter or the regular guy. That’s just smart play in my opinion, though 1) we do have names on the back of ours and both 2) guys are recorded in the rooster with the same number.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Bud Lee wrote:Why would you need to deceive a team that you are stomping the crap out of?

With that said, Les in the past has made his punters wear the same number, that way the receiving team wouldn't know if it was the pooch punter or the regular guy. That’s just smart play in my opinion, though 1) we do have names on the back of ours and both 2) guys are recorded in the rooster with the same number.
He's actually trying to deceive his next opponent and give them something else to prepare for. Not that this would take a lot of preparation...He's a simple-minded moron.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Bud Lee wrote:Why would you need to deceive a team that you are stomping the crap out of?
Didn't you hear? They were playing Alabama. :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Dude has issues.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Phenom wrote:
Didn't you hear? They were playing Alabama. :lol:
When the Ducks blow thru town, he can make believe they are playing Green Bay for all I care. 8-)
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I still can't believe a guy like this is the head coach at USC...
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Braveheart wrote:Overall, I'm pretty ambivalent to it all.
I'm hoping that more USC fans remain ambivalent to it all so that Kiffin will be the coach for another 5-10 years. :lol: