UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

PF Jordan Bell down to 3

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=5320901
http://rivals.yahoo.com/oregon/basketba ... ell-128638

Oregon, Auburn, and Uconn. Personally to me it souds like a race between Oregon and Uconn. He visited UO this weekend, and plans on visiting Uconn next.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: PF Jordan Bell down to 3

Post by chapelhillduck »

Isn't UConn getting hit with a bunch of sanctions?
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Oregon is his longtime favorite and he had a good visit. On the other hand, he did say a few months ago that if UConn offered, he'd commit. He's friends with Arik Armstead (former AAU teammate).

Don't think that Auburn is really in the conversation here.

I've seen Bell play in person and the guy is an amazing athlete and shot blocker. Still a bit raw offensively, but very talented.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

uostudent wrote:Oregon is his longtime favorite and he had a good visit. On the other hand, he did say a few months ago that if UConn offered, he'd commit. He's friends with Arik Armstead (former AAU teammate).

Don't think that Auburn is really in the conversation here.

I've seen Bell play in person and the guy is an amazing athlete and shot blocker. Still a bit raw offensively, but very talented.
Good to hear we've been the favorite. Did he say that about about UCONN before or after Calhoun retired? Might not make a difference to him but Calhoun IS uconn basketball so hopefully that will lessen the appeal of UC for him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Distance is in our favor on this one, lol.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I see Bell as that important glue guy on a team that will do all of the little things really well, and be a top-notch defender. Hopefully he picks Oregon, but the UCONN threat is very real if they offer. Oregon leads, but that could certainly change if they offer...

Going to miss the Maehl Man
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

TheMaehlMan wrote:I see Bell as that important glue guy on a team that will do all of the little things really well, and be a top-notch defender. Hopefully he picks Oregon, but the UCONN threat is very real if they offer. Oregon leads, but that could certainly change if they offer...
UConn offered a few days ago
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Bell cancelled his trip to Uconn and is down to Oregon and Auburn. Visiting Auburn this weekend. Very good news for Oregon.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

uostudent wrote:Bell cancelled his trip to Uconn and is down to Oregon and Auburn. Visiting Auburn this weekend. Very good news for Oregon.
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

uostudent wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:I see Bell as that important glue guy on a team that will do all of the little things really well, and be a top-notch defender. Hopefully he picks Oregon, but the UCONN threat is very real if they offer. Oregon leads, but that could certainly change if they offer...
UConn offered a few days ago
With this news, I'm very surprised that Bell eliminated UCONN. I really think Oregon ends up with Bell, and that is great to see.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Auburn? Is Sir Charles paying this dude or something? He's gotta be a Duck
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uostudent wrote:Bell cancelled his trip to Uconn and is down to Oregon and Auburn. Visiting Auburn this weekend. Very good news for Oregon.

That's awesome, really like our chances here.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Visited Auburn with his parents, he was blown away. Says they are tied, but on Rivals article he said.. "They are really both even. This decision is hard. When I got to Auburn I realized how hard it's going to be. I thought Oregon had all the new stuff, but Auburn has everything and it's just as good."

Getting Auburn vibes, but we'll see.

TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Apparently Bell's parents want Oregon, but I won't be shocked if he chooses Auburn. He said Tony Barbee (AU's coach) had a better resume than Altman, and that is pretty damn funny.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The auburn program is garbage. What in the heck did they show him to blow him away?