Brazilian forward/center commits

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Brazilian forward/center commits

Post by buckmarkduck »

Matt is reporting UO got another commit in Cristiano Felicio, 6'9 240 from Brazil. Don't know anything about him, but I like his size.
greenyellow

Re: Brazilian forward/center commits

Post by greenyellow »

Here's the story from DT discussing the new signing. Kind of from out of nowhere so there's not too much information on him. Won't really improve the recruiting class ranking but we won't know how good he is until he gets here. Hopefully he sticks around better than that German guy Altman got his first year here.
http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Dan ... ass-102591
Last edited by greenyellow on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yeah I read the article already, and if I'm not mistaken Matt dropped hints about the kid for awhile. Even saying a few other D1 schools had offered him, unlike the German kid who was just a filler. Sounds like he is great on the boards, avg 10 a game at the worlds U-19 and had 9 vs Bennett. Not a big scorer, but I'll gladly take a defender and rebounded any day of the week who's 6'9. You can have guys like Artis score.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If the kid defends and rebounds like a Dennis Rodman, this could be a lot of fun.

Killer instinct is good.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wow, speaking of the German kid who left, he just had 27 13 rebounds and 7 blocked shots for Eastern WA vs Cal Northridge. Seems like he is developing into a solid player.
duckz
Two Star Recruit

Post by duckz »

buckmarkduck wrote:Wow, speaking of the German kid who left, he just had 27 13 rebounds and 7 blocked shots for Eastern WA vs Cal Northridge. Seems like he is developing into a solid player.

Wow, don't sell him short, he had 17 rebounds and the player of the week !!!

You think Dana can get him back?

http://ewuhoops.blogspot.com/2012/11/ma ... er-of.html
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckz wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Wow, speaking of the German kid who left, he just had 27 13 rebounds and 7 blocked shots for Eastern WA vs Cal Northridge. Seems like he is developing into a solid player.

Wow, don't sell him short, he had 17 rebounds and the player of the week !!!

You think Dana can get him back?

http://ewuhoops.blogspot.com/2012/11/ma ... er-of.html
Wow that's pretty cool. I'm sure his time at oregon was really beneficial to his development.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Yeah I read the article already, and if I'm not mistaken Matt dropped hints about the kid for awhile. Even saying a few other D1 schools had offered him, unlike the German kid who was just a filler. Sounds like he is great on the boards, avg 10 a game at the worlds U-19 and had 9 vs Bennett. Not a big scorer, but I'll gladly take a defender and rebounded any day of the week who's 6'9. You can have guys like Artis score.
In eight games during the U-19 Tournament, Felicio shot 75.6 percent from the field... He may not take a lot of shots but he certainly appears to have the ability to score. These preliminary stats certainly indicate one of those unselfish hard workers that every team needs.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

From DraftExpress...

Brazilian big man Cristiano Felicio was one of the most interesting prospects to emerge at this tournament. He led the tournament in field goal percentage, at 76%, and was one of the best offensive rebounders on a per-minute basis. He has come a long way since we saw him last summer at the U-18 FIBA Americas Championships in San Antonio.

Physically, Felicio draws comparisons to fellow Brazilian big man Nene. At around 6-9, with an outstanding frame, long arms and very nice athleticism, he stands out immediately with his rare physical attributes. He is a pretty raw player overall, but he showed flashes of potential in a variety of areas, including in the post and in transition. He even knocked down a 17-foot jumper at one point.

Felicio clearly lacks experience at this stage, but he has a decent feel for the game and appears to be a pretty competitive player, which is always a good sign. He still has a long way to go to reach his full potential, but he definitely established himself as a player teams will want to keep track of over the next few years.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/U-1 ... -One-3774/
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Good for him! Talk about distance... I love these international projects. I wonder how much English Cristiano speaks and if anyone on the staff speak Portuguese?!! ;)

Notice the plane that we flew on?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Be our Nene please. :)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Be our Nene please. :)
Seriously. If he's anywhere near Nene we'll have a beast on our hands.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

This guy could potentially grow into a dominant defensive player, and with Altman's coaching I'm sure his offense will improve each year. Love the pickup, and we really needed to get a young 4/5 into the program.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Be cool if Altmaan turns out to be as good at evaluating talent that fits his style as CK does for football. This should be fun.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Watched an interview of him on youtube (in Portuguese), but basically he is a kid I think most will be rooting for. Said growing up his parents where so poor he went without shoes and new clothes. Left home at 15 to play with the Brazilian national U18 team. Really seems like a humble kid who just getting a degree will set him up with a much, much better life then he had growing up in Brazil.