Areas you'd like to see this team improve in?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Areas you'd like to see this team improve in?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Let me start off by saying this team has been real impressive this year and has exceeded expectations. I do think this team has a good chance at winning the Pac-12, but there are some areas we need to see improvement on.

First, improvement in the 2-3 zone. I like the zone, especially with how quick our perimeter players are. However, I was at the game today and this team got confused a lot. So many times two guys were running to stop the pass to the corner and that would end up in someone being wide open near the hoop. I know they'll get better as time goes on and as they build chemistry, but they do need improvement on their zone.

Second, blocking out. We got solid big guys, but I still see a lack of blocking out especially on defense. They crash too quickly, they need to get a body on defenders.

Third, Woods needs to stop fouling! Seriously, Woods fouls way too much. He's a great big with a lot of potential and I love how hard he plays, but sometimes there is a difference between playing hard and playing dumb. He needs to stop fouling especially so quickly, because this team needs his presence on the court. He has fouled out the last three games and has spent a lot of time on the bench in foul trouble.

Fourth, better court vision from big men. I love Woods, and sometimes I love Austin, but both need to realize that just because the ball is passed to them down low, they don't need to shoot the ball. I'll see them get double or triple teamed and they still force a shot out. They need to keep there eyes open for open teammates on the perimeter or teammates who are cutting to the basket wide open. Also, Austin needs to work on his ball handling. He holds the ball way too low. He gets the ball stripped from him way too much.

Finally, this team is too stagnant on offense at times. There is way too much perimeter passing. We have some great athletes who can score. Emory is a beast when driving to the hoop and Artis is very quick and has a great floater. Dotson also has a great jumpshot. These guys need to attack more. The more they attack the more they can feed the ball to the big guys and get open shots behind the three point line. I want to see more aggression on offense from these guys.

Again I love this team and I think we may get a Pac-12 championship from this tea, but I believe it this team improves in the areas I just pointed out, they'll be great instead of good. GO DUCKS! Get ready for a fun season everyone!
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Re: Areas you'd like to see this team improve in?

Post by wvduck34 »

One Word. Turnovers. No they looked pretty bad yesterday. Amazing when you think
they are 7-1. Still a lot of work to be done but I am sure they will get there.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

everywhere.

and it's waaaaaaaay too early to discuss a pac-12 title.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

wvduck34 wrote:One Word. Turnovers. No they looked pretty bad yesterday. Amazing when you think
they are 7-1. Still a lot of work to be done but I am sure they will get there.
Before yesterday I didn't think it was that bad of a problem. Against UNLV they didn't have very many turnovers and Artis and Loyd did a great job of taking care of the ball, Hopefully they don't duplicate the sloppy play they portrayed yesterday.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bigs staying out of foul trouble.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13