Boyd-Tee Martin Theory

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uofo627
One Star Recruit

Boyd-Tee Martin Theory

Post by uofo627 »

Anyone else think the reason Tajh Boyd pushed back his announcement is to see if Tee Martin gets a job here? I just thought of that, thoughts?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Boyd-Tee Martin Theory

Post by gofightingducks »

Very possible. I like the idea of Tee Martin becoming a part of the staff because I think he would be a great QB coach. He has had success, he won a NC, he is knowledgeable. He will give the Ducks a recruiting base in SEC country, particularly Tennessee. Plus he might be the final piece to get Boyd and possibly Brown to become Ducks!!!!
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

I would love to see Tee come in here. He would have way more effect then just being ur everyday WR coach. He is very knowledgeable and his recruiting ties and such. Lets get him!
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

I thought he was being looked at as the qb's coach not wr's coach
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I hope it is for QB coach. At least then I could sort of justify it. I can't get on board with bringing him in to coach our WR's though. His resume is pretty thin for a QB coach and insultingly thin if he were a WR coach.

We need a WR coach that can actually teach our guys to run good routes and catch the damn ball.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I thought I heard somewhere before that he was a GA for CK?...Seems odd cause he played in the NFL...but maybe afterwards??
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

uofo627 wrote:Anyone else think the reason Tajh Boyd pushed back his announcement is to see if Tee Martin gets a job here? I just thought of that, thoughts?

I thought of this at work last night, it may seems kinda shady but that is just one more reason to hire him. He would be a great addition to the coaching staff at Oregon though.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If CK wants to keep the reins on the OC position, he may want to turn over the QB coaching duties to Martin... He could still add the BC WR coach without going overboard on the # of coaches on staff.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!